1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Halo 3 reserved...... for about 600!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sextuple Double, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Sextuple Double

I finished paying for Halo3 today, and the store clerk at Gamestop told me that the line starts from 9pm Monday night and that they had 600 copies reserved. Should I skip work to get in line or take a chance and get in line around 5:30 after work!?

My original plan was to buy a HDTV the same day, drop it home and get check out the area from 7 or 8, put that is scrapped now.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I might just get my copy the next day...I can play a few games on Madden online instead of waiting in line.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes, skip work to reserve a game because if you don't reserve it, you'll never be able to buy it again as that will be the only day they will be selling it.

;)

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Master Chief would go balls out to get a copy ASAP.

Do what you have to do!

5. Showtizzle2642

i have a reserve for the game if anybody wants to buy my reserve slip i'd be happy to do it. i'd rather give it to someone that really wants halo than a fan like me that wouldnt care as much...

6. AXG

AXG Member

I will be waiting in line to buy this game. I may have to miss school but it's totally worth it. The great thing is I have a Wal-Mart, a Target, two Gamestops, and a Best Buy all within five minutes of my house. If I miss it in one place, I have many other options nearby.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

this game isn't going to be sold out, it's not a ps3 or wii. i'll walk into a walmart/best buy/circuitcity/whatever and buy it when i get done with class on tuesday. no way is there less copies of this game in houston then people who want it.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I think I'm going to skip my best friend's wedding to go stand in line to get this game.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sextuple.... If you can't find the game at Walmart, Target, BB, CC, ToysRus, etc... on release day. Ill paypal you the money for the damn game. I don't think a video game has been sold out on its release in the past 5yrs. No chance you can't find it.

Like bigm said, this isn't a console...

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude buy an HDTV now! why are you playing on non-hd? there's some good deals out there. you can get something for very cheap.

11. Sextuple Double

All of you guys must live in a big city area(Houston) where you could go anywhere for it. I live in Savannah. I've seen BS before. Gears of War was sold out for God's sake!!! I'll be waiting in line to get this game. These stores here like to slunk on everything. When I got my 360, I let my professor know in advance I'll be missing that day, which happened to be an exam, and he already knew what the biznizz iz.

Being that it is a game, I don't expect it to sell out but I really don't wanna be out all nite waiting at 3am.

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

i have to ask, why do people wait in line when they can buy it from amazon.com or some other place like that and have it delivered to their house?

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I even think if you order or gamestop.com...that it will be delivered on the actual arrival date. I could be wrong though. Regardless, you are right.

14. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kvanJYOGlus"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kvanJYOGlus" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I might be missing something here...but why wait in line when you can just pre-order?

I love me some Halo, but I'm not gonna wait in line to get it at midnight when I have work the next day.

16. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I was going to ****ing say. $600 for Halo 3? It's not worth that much :D

17. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

For some it is my friend, for some it is...

...399.99 for the Special Limited Edition Halo 3 XBOX 360.(coming out tomorrow)
    ...129.99 for the Legendary copy of Halo 3.
    ...59.99 for the regular copy of Halo 3.

P.S. - The sad part is I haven't even played the campaign since Halo:CE. It's all about the multiplayer for me...

P.S.S. - "I Get Money"

18. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Exactly. Gamestop might have 100 people the entire night come by there. Don't let the threat of the possibly being sold out get to you. They just tell you that so you will buy it from them. "Pre-order now!!!", yeah right. I remember going up to Gamestop at the Halo 2 launch. They said the same BS and about 20 people showed up at midnight, they were closed by 12:45.

Hit Wal-Mart at midnight and you will be fine. The only way I would stand in line all day was if I wanted to get on TV down at the Best Buy near the Galleria where all the TV stations go to when something videogame related is happening.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The funniest thing is when there are people who pre-order that get their games later than people who just walk into a Best Buy the day of the release and buy one. lol. I mean, come on people, this isn't like bottled water during a hurricane. :D

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

A few do but it's because retail locations only get 10 or 15 copies of some games at first delivery.