1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HALLOWEEN] Post your 2008 Jack-O-Lanterns

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Oct 29, 2008.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

So over the last few years, I've decided for my kids' and everyone's entertainment to pick up this nice tradition of carving out the Jack-O-Lanterns for Halloween. You all might recall my [thread=103818]2005[/thread] and [thread=119562]2006[/thread] displaying my previous Jack-O-Lanterns.

So, in preparation, I've decided not to underestimate other pumpkin carvers and pick mine early. Submitted for your approval are the specimens to be sacrificed for the night of ghouls, goblins, ghosts, and witches, which will end up as SPONGEBOB, GARFIELD/POOKIE, and two other surprises:

[​IMG]
    Nice choices, no? ;)
    What will YOU be carving onto your pumpkins as Jack-O-Lanterns?

Share some ideas, ask questions, etc. Here's a nice list with patterns of the usual stuff like cats, witches, Frankie's monster, etc. : http://www.dltk-holidays.com/halloween/mpatterns.htm. Good luck! :cool:

2. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Member

I have yet to go buy a pumpkin and carve it. Last time I carved one was in 2001, and it was the Longhorns logo. I haven't done one since. I really should do one this year - it's so much fun.

3. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Member

We carved two pumpkins for our party...one was a skeleton and a evil pumpkin.

Nothing too special!

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

You better hurry, ms. meggo, the nice, large ones I found that everybody likes that's what she said are quickly disappearing at Wal-Mart. C'mon, now... I know DUDES also carve... :( don't leave me hangin' here, men... ;)

I found this site which makes a pattern for you: http://www.glassgiant.com/pumpkinizer/ . Nice!

5. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

6. D-Lite

D-Lite Member

4 lanterns.. Obama Biden McCain Palin

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

^ Wow. That's a good job of focusing the desired object, not the object standing in its way. Also, WTF (why the eff) do you post a rotting pumpkin? Is that a 2008 Jack-O-Lantern? ;)

Anyway, I also found THIS: http://picasaweb.google.com/PumpkinWayne/PumpkinCarvings. :eek: Holy smokes, that guy is pretty good.

9. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Member

Wow those are amazing! I found the design I want to do... Now I just gotta get off my butt and do it! Luckily I have to run some errands right next to Wal-Mart tonight, SwoLy, so I'll get my pumpkin and get started on it!

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

We carved ours with our neighbors this past friday night. We were hosting a Haunted Pirate Ship themed Halloween Party Saturday, so the two Pirate themed ones are mine and my Lady's.

[​IMG]

I did the Skull & Crossbones and she is the carver of the Pirate Ship...

[​IMG]

11. macalu

macalu Member

those are awesome. too bad the stencils aren't available.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

:confused:

Click each picture. Click the "zoom" little icon thingie on the top right of the phot. Right-click the image and select "view background" on FireFox, or "save background as" in IE.

[​IMG]

Just download it, use PhotoShop to make it GRAYSCALE. Voilá. ;)

I posted Tinkerbell 'cuz that's the one I figured Mr. Yeoung would have loved.

13. droxford

droxford Member

We're carving tomorrow night.

14. moose

moose Member

Somebody make a Rockets one.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

16. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

They're not the greatest, but it was good times for the kids..

[​IMG]

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

moose, I might try the ROCKETS one I FAILED to do well two years ago (see my 2005 thread link above). :eek:

I could do someone's face (YAO or TRACY or ADELMAN, preferably) as a pattern if anyone wants, but you'll have to find me the photo of the person with a black or dark background. It's easy for me to change one onto a pattern in Photoshop.

Here's YAO's funhead from a game two years ago:
    [​IMG]
    You can use that as a guide to carve your own Yao.

Wow, that's neat, Lil Pun.

Here are more ideas and more free patterns from the Pumpkin Wizard.

18. macalu

macalu Member

the two i carved last year

[​IMG]

19. Toneh83

Toneh83 Member

Me and my lady, bought three pumpkins at this country patch in the desert of Cali. Two small ones, and one really big one. We already designed the smaller ones, and we plan on carving those two tonight. Mine is pretty bland, her's looks adorable since it looks like a little kid did it. Darling really. The bigger one we'll do tomorrow, but I will post the pics later tonight for the smaller ones.

20. Fatty FatBastard

BTW, I'm not carving no stinking pumpkin, but for those who are, do y'all roast your seeds?

My folks always used to that and it was really good.