1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem vs TO?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roswell raygun, Mar 8, 2010.

1. roswell raygun

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Donovan McNabb will be throwing passes to Terrell Owens again.
    McNabb and Owens are teaming up on a basketball court instead of a football field in the new season of Spike TV’s ‘‘Pros vs. Joes.’’ The episode features NFL players that played college basketball against former NBA stars.
    McNabb (Syracuse), Owens (Tennessee-Chattanooga) and Antonio Gates (Kent St.) will face Hakeem Olajuwon, Kenny Smith and Rick Fox.
    T.O. helped McNabb and the Philadelphia Eagles reach the Super Bowl in 2004, but a feud ended their relationship and Owens was cut midway through the ’05 season.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35766108/ns/sports-nfl/

2. Chino_XS

Chino_XS Member

that will be interesting. fox, dream, and the jet are all champions; their bball IQ should be enough. but whatever the outcome, just psyched to watch hakeem in action again.

3. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

dosent seem to fair to me. All the NBA players are 5-10 years older than the nfl players

4. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

If it's half court, Hakeem should be able to dominate inside. Yes, there's age, but I think the NBA pros will know how to expose weakness.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Judging by how crappy Fox has played at these All-Star weekend gimmicks and how TO has played, I imagine it will just be the football guys running circles around the old guys and dunking.

This stuff is way below Hakeem.

1 person likes this.
  6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

this is a weird mismatch, and dream has the worst matchup, assuming they'll matchup the way they're listed.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I just got a semi...I don't know if it's because what I just read or that I just woke up and have been taking melatonin to help me sleep lately.

Dream and The Jet are champions. Mcnabb and TO are not. = we win

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hakeem and Kenny will dominate those guys in a halfcourt set. DOMINATE. I mean DOMINATE. Kenny can still play.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Some of you guys are really discounting age. It is interesting when old guys try to run in pick up games.

If the its half court I think Hakeem and co have a good shot. If its full court forget about it.

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

So ur saying it is not fair for the NBA guys? SERIOUSLY?

11. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

Hakeem on Pros v Joes? lol hell yea Dream Shake they ass and block TO crap back to chatanooga? lol

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they're discounting age and the fact that these nfl players played in college, so it's not as simple as nfl vs nba. Not to mention the NFL players have much more muscle and weight, which is more of an advantage in the halfcourt than full court.

For the NBA guys to win they can't just go out there and play, they need to run pick and rolls and stick with fundamental basketball.

13. BarkleyHater84

NBA guys will KILL them, especially if it is half-court.

14. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

Should be fun to watch

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Why does Rick Fox have to be with those guys? Couldn't give us Elie/Horry(who has been on there before)/Cassell/Thorpe?

16. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

WTF Rick Fox? LOL

17. SloFo

SloFo Member

When does it air?

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's 3 on 3, who the hell is playing 3 on 3 full court?

the nfl guys will get destroyed, dream is still 7 foot tall, he can just do jump hooks all day.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

The NBA guys need to add Big Shot Bob Horry, just in case they need to bring him in for that buzzer-beater.

20. blink52y

blink52y Member

Hakeem ?! I AM PUMPED!
    When is it going to be aired?