1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem upbeat on Clint Capela's future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm upbeat too. He is going to get Biyombo money.

2. Dclay85

Dclay85 Member

What are the chances Capela still comes off the bench and MDA goes full offense frontline...

Bev-Gordon
    Harden-kj
    Ariza-dekker
    Anderson-Beasley
    DMO-Capela

...considering we do not bring in any other PG or C?

#34 Member

I think you kinda answered your own question. I've heard a few people mention that Les would endorse Hakeem as the face of the next ownership group if/when Les' run ends.

4. ryl

ryl Member

I can see that happening to open the floor up a bit. DMO is actually a decent force inside for not blocking too many shots. Rebounding will be average but Harden is a strong rebounder at his position and DMO and Anderson aren't terrible. I like Beasley playing next to Capela. At least the shooting % drastically improved from last year... Hopefully Brewer's playing time goes down

5. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

i thought he was training with Driks shootin coach

6. PhiSlammaJamma

The Olajuforce awakens. That's the real question here. Can Olajuwon's training bring balance to the NBA...

7. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Who is the nice looking lady in red behind him? :cool:

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Exactly. People on here saying "we have no center" are clueless.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol its no secret that capela is viewed the rockets center for the future which is fine, but as it stands now he still isn't ready to command the position full time if were basing it on what hes shown thus far.

what exactly are your expectations for Capela this season? Im curious to see how realistic yours are if you're going to try and say people are "clueless" when they say we have no center.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the future is now, dwight is gone

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

well isn't that obvious. still doesn't mean Capela has a ways to go

12. mightybosstone

Those are essentially his "per 36" numbers, so I think that's pretty unrealistic. Capela is not going to be playing 36 minutes a game next season. However, I don't think it's unrealistic to ask for something like a hyper-efficient 9 points, 9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks a game over 28-30 minutes a night. I think he's definitely capable of that.

As for the free throw percentage, I'd be happy if he could just hit half of them. And even that is a pretty tall order at this point...