1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem says he'll be playing for the Heat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pole, Jan 31, 2001.

1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Shhhhh!!! Be quiet, or else it won't happen.

------------------
    I keep plugging away, but I just can't get a 3 way to work on realwife.com

2. Timing

Timing Member

What other deal would we be working with the Grizz other than Dream?

Maybe a little Mo + Cato= Shareef? Perhaps a little Stromile Swift action? I notice he doesn't exactly play a whole lot for a terrible team. Or somethin minor like Othella or somethin.

------------------
    "Somebody DO something out there." -Bill Walton

3. Achebe

Hey Timing, that's a neat moniker. OH was traded yesterday.

------------------

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Othella would actually be some type of major deal including time travel and such being that he was traded to the Knicks yesterday.

CK

------------------
    There is nothing more thrilling than using the RealGM trade checker for the 1 millionth time and finally having it tell you trade accepted!!!

[This message has been edited by Castor27 (edited January 31, 2001).]

5. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

The only purpose in a sign-and-trade is for the player to get more $$. Pippen wants to go to the Rockets, and make the maximum possible salary, so Chi-town makes it possible in exchange for Roy Rodgers, his horse Trigger, and a 2nd round draft pick.

Its all up to the free agent. He's leaving for X City (Houston, Detroit, Timbucktoo) regardless of what the team does. I agree that Sacramento would love to have Reef as a consolation prize if CWebb leaves, but they'll have to settle for whatever they can get that has value.

Anyway if the Rockets got Shareef or another free agent, I imagine they'd like to keep him.

------------------
    I am Jack's utter lack of surprise.
    www.clutchtown.com

6. Timing

Timing Member

I'm glad I could entertain you two fellas. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Somebody DO something out there." -Bill Walton

7. Achebe

"There's nothing left here to remind me, but the memory of your face. Take a look at me now". God I hate Phil Collins, thanks arnel.

Oh please let it be Swift... he had 8 boards and 2 blocks and a steal in 18 min. tonight. Plus, he's under a rookie contract for the next five years.

Just say no to SAR and say yes to a cheaper contract!

------------------

8. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Remember when Clutch said that all Rocket fans would be partying about the possible trade? No Dream most likely equals no Big Country ...

------------------

[This message has been edited by wrath_of_khan (edited January 31, 2001).]

9. Achebe

damn,,, [​IMG]

first try:

houston trades: Kenny Thomas $885,120 to vancouver
    houston trades: Carlos Rogers $2,200,000 to vancouver
    TOTAL: $3,085,120

vancouver trades: Bryant Reeves $10,110,000 to miami
    vancouver trades: Stromile Swift $3,164,280 to houston
    TOTAL: $13,274,280

miami trades: Dan Majerle $4,050,000 to vancouver
    miami trades: A.C. Green $2,250,000 to vancouver
    miami trades: Cedric Ceballos $3,937,500 to vancouver
    TOTAL: $10,237,500

TRADE ACCEPTED

Then, just waive goodbye to la Dweam.

------------------

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I hope this party kicks off soon....

------------------
    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives,
    but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." -- Barbara Bush

[This message has been edited by RocketsPimp (edited January 31, 2001).]

11. Achebe

Also, if the Rockets get SAR w/o loosing Dream's cap space, I'd talk to potential FAs about whether or not they'd like to play w/ the guy before weakening the team (potentially).

C - Davis
    PF - Webber
    SF - SAR
    SG - Mobley
    PG - Francis

On second though, looking at that team, I'd just keep Shandon at the three. SAR should only be a 'you look cute enough' deal.

------------------

12. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I dont understand Hakeem.....We should ship his sorry a$$ to Vancouver and make him freeze his tail off in the Northwest for the rest of the year....Or better yet ship Dream to DC and have him SUCK with all the other overpriced Wiz "superstars"

Does anyone know when Hakeem starts to STARVE (FAST) himself for the month????

------------------
    "Chucky who?" Charles Barkley

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Drew, he already did.

------------------
    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives,
    but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." -- Barbara Bush

14. Sane

Sane Member

I started a new topic on this, but again, is it possible for Hakeem to play the season then somehow be tranferred to the Heat just in time for the playoffs?

------------------

15. schwa

schwa Member

Being a loyal Jazz fan I am extremely torn over this trade talk. On one hand, I have no love for Hakeem and I'm glad he wants to go to the east. On the other hand, I too have had superstars stay with my team their entire careers, and if one of them asked to be traded at this stage, I'd be devastated. I would have too hard of a time seeing them in another uniform. On this peticular issue though, I think emotion #1 presides.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Admittedly I havent been here too long, but this is the first loyal JAzz fan Ive seen in my time.

AS much as I hate the Jazzholes, I applaud your bravery in coming right out and saying where your allegiance lies [​IMG]

------------------

17. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

There are probably too many players for this to work, or <a href="http://www.realgm.com/tradechecker/checktrade.php?tradeid=87862">maybe a trade this big</a> is why its taking so long to put together. If it is, it would become the biggest trade in history, which Houston is known for. But it does utilize all the different clues we've heard to date, works on RealGM, and would be a way that Houston would benefit from waiving Dream, so the Heat could sign him.

Houston trades Cato, Wiz, Rogers, Bullard, receives SAR, Benjamin, Hoiberg, lifts Chicago's draft pick restriction, silently agree to waive Dream so the Heat can sign him.

Miamitrades Green, Cebalos, and Marjerle, and first round pick in 2001, receives Wiz, Rogers, Bullard, and 1.6 trade exception.

Chicago trades Miller, Fizer, Crawford, Drew, Tarlac, Hoiberg, Benjamin, their first round pick, recieves Bibby, Reeves, and Cato.

Vancouver trades SAR, Bibby, Reeves, receives Fizer, Crawford, Drew, Tarlac, Marjerle, Ceballos, Green, Chicago's 1st round pick, and agree to take Miami's 2001 pick to satisfy Houston's owed pick.

Houston gets an All Star starter, and a couple contracts that are on their last year, unload dead weight, gain cap space, and get rid of an owed pick to Vancouver. Including Dream, Houston would clear 19 million in cap space to go after Webber and reward Mo and Anderson. This is one way to benefit from waiving Dream, without robbing Miami of the ability to contend for the championship in the East.

Miami unloads a few role players, without losing any stars, lose a pick, gain Dream at Center, and a few role players that would contribute huge in a playoff run. Biggest winners in this deal.

Chicago loses their rookies and a draft pick, but they get a top flight point guard, and 2 centers they like. This would add veteran balance to the team. Cato/Brand/Artest/Mercer/Bibby. Serious upgrade to the team, with long term contracts.

Vancouver unloads bloated salaries and bad chemistry, pick up a couple draft picks, some great rookies, and players at the end of their contracts, overnight rebuilding with youth, while getting frugal. This erases past management mistakes, and makes the team sellable, profitable, and attractive to move south, even if it alienates some fans. Fun team to watch grow, with Miller/Swift/Fizer/Dickerson/Crawford as its young fiery core.

I'm sure this is too many players to make this work, but it dramatically improve every team involved.

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sherlock, I've geeked out the same sort of 4-way trade several times. It makes sense: Crawford and Fizer are on their way out, it would seem, the way they're being showcased recently. I forgot to check: did you move Swift? I think we would take Swift for draft picks, if Vancouver would give him up; the coach isn't too keen on him.

As you suggest, it may all be academic anyway, but not impossible. Big trades take awhile.

------------------

19. win14me

win14me Contributing Member

I do like the way your trade works for us. But as a Chicago local, I would like to offer the following:

Chicago's GM has a real problem with multi-team trades. Chicago already has 5 centers on the roster. Chicago has a great deal of interest in SAR and may already have a trade in the works for him.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Thanks for explaining my postings, DoD. I'm obviously not doing a very good job of it. [​IMG]