1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem says he'll be playing for the Heat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pole, Jan 31, 2001.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Lol. I'm glad you guys are so concerned about what my thoughts are. I wonder what you'd be saying if Shaq said of the Rockets: ``That's my goal, really, to get to play with them this year''. I'm sure you'd find some way to rationalize it. You're not upset about the behavior, you're just mad that it's happening to the Rockets. That's not enough for me to attack an athlete's character. Pippen refused to enter a game, that's alright, "come play for the Rockets". Francis undermined the draft process and trashed a city, that's alright, "come play for the Rockets". Barkley spits on fans, trashes the Suns organization, that's alright, "come play for the Rockets". Now suddenly what Hakeem's doing is such a big deal? Sorry, not in my book. That's what I have to say now, Thanos. Pretty consistent with what I've said in the past, isn't it.

[This message has been edited by TheFreak (edited January 31, 2001).]

2. Valio!

Valio! Member

I dont know why - I have no logical explanation for it - but something deep inside really rejects the idea of getting Mason. He is an extremely skilled player, but somehow I am rejecting the idea based on some primitive instinct...maybe from his New York days? I cant explain it. But it does make me prefer Jones or Grant. Last night, Jones was blocking everything, had some slick passes...impressive..Actually Mason looked pretty decent as well...but...ahhhhh...can't...accept....Mason...in...goofy...pajama-looking.....uniforms......must....reject......idea...

------------------
    Moochie Norris Hair Club for Men - I'm not only the president, I'm also a client

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

TheFreak -- you're forgetting something.

Pippen sucks. Pippen's injured. Pippen's making $17 million a season.

Shaq doesn't have the history in LA that Hakeem does here. Dream is turning his back on the fans and the organization. If that's what he wants, for all that he's done, then fine.

But get it done quick... I'm tired of listening to his b****ing.

Just pray the Rockets are able to take advantage of the Grizzlies again. I haven't heard anything for a while, but last I heard they were seriously talking deal and it didn't involve Dream.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I understand your point a little better Pole, thanks for the clarification.

We would have a crunch at the 2 spot with Jones, but it is not unmanageable. You can go back to bringing Mobley off the bench. Trouble is, I would rather have Mobley in the game, and start Jones and bring Shandon as the 6th man. I am sure Shandon would not appreciate it, but I would not cry too much if he left with the acquisition of EJ.

This is all a pipe dream anyway, as I do not believe Miami will part with him. But it is a business, and the players, most often, have little loyalty to their teams.....Hakeem is displaying a bit of this now.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

5. Thanos

Thanos Member

We´ll never agree on this one, it seems Freak. It´s ridiculous to compare Francis´behavior to that of Hakeem, as it´s ridiculous to compare his behavior to that of Pippen.

Neither Pippen nor Francis had ANY emotional attachments or HISTORY whatsoever with the city they wanted out from.

Francis said that he didn´t want to be drafted by Vancouver. Pippen had only one year here, and he never truly fit in.

Olajuwon, on the other hand, has won 2 championships and is synonimous with the city of Houston. For him to behave in this manner is unnaceptable.

You are not going to make a point by hammering the opposition. I fail to see any logic in your miscalculated comparisons.

------------------
    President of the Official Welcoming Committee for Shareef Abdur-Rahim!

6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Did I miss something else, or did Clutch just drop one of the biggest hints yet?

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

7. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

WOW, CLUTCH has spoken.

See ya CATO!!!!

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Man, I've completely lost ALL respect for Hakeem. I no longer care that he helped bring this city 2 championships. He should no longer be associated with the team in any way. That means no longer playing, practicing, sitting or even being involved with the team. I'm not saying waive him because he should not be given the option of playing for another team this year. Put him on the IR and do not allow him to attend any team function. Make his sorry excuse for a Houston Rocket sit his 6'10" Nigerian a$$ at home and let him watch Miami Heat games until the season is over. Don't give him the satisfaction of acheiving his "goal" of playing for Miami while he is still under contract with us.

So much for honor!

Hakeem, you've just made my $hit list pal! Have a seat next to your punk b**** brother Snottie!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    "Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."
    -- Tiger Woods

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

All of those other guys were working on their posts Pole. They're just now rereading over and over again.

Awesome. He's not just Clutch anymore, he's Clutch Unleashed.

------------------
    I keep plugging away, but I just can't get a 3 way to work on realwife.com

10. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like a pretty big hint to me. Vancouver w/out Dream what could this mean?? Something with SAR?? Keep the cap space. Now that would make me party!

------------------
    There is nothing more thrilling than using the RealGM trade checker for the 1 millionth time and finally having it tell you trade accepted for the first time!!!

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Oeilpere indicated we would grab a young (power) forward and a player or two to help. The Rocket Guy has indicated Miami has asked about Walt (the Heat could use a 3 in the deal). So, maybe, Dream + Walt= Grant + (Ceballow/Majerle/Green, i.e., cap space after season) and Ricky Davis?

Whether a third team is involved, we'll let that one sit for now.

------------------

12. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Rox... scroll up.

------------------
    I keep plugging away, but I just can't get a 3 way to work on realwife.com

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

that wasn't a hint. it was a direct statement.

and hakeem is hafraud.

14. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Some of us already knew that much and were just keeping our mouths shut.

------------------
    I am Jack's utter lack of surprise.
    www.clutchtown.com

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

TheFreak,

What you are missing is that emotions are irrational. Go get yourself some!

awesome post Clutch!

16. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

YIPPEEE,

CATO IS GONE!!!

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thanks, Achebe. Here at work, I try not to fill my screen with my illicit Internet-ing, so I didn't catch it.

Dream acts like he's on his way out the door.

Just a two-way deal or a 3-way (Miami, Vancouver, Houston)?

------------------

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oh...mathematically, if the deal is not Dream, then it is not Reeves, either.

Unless of course the trade is for Reeves only. lol!

19. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I can't wait for the Cato going away party!

Would be so awesome to land another great player like SAR!

This really has me pumped up!

20. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

I wonder if Hakeem realizes the irreparable damage he's doing to his legacy here.

------------------
    Hey now, Hey now, don't Dream it's over...