1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem at 31 is better than any Rocket now at any age til the end of time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 12, 2018.

?

Hakeem at 31 is better than

1. Harden at 28

31 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. Zhou Qi at 28

13 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Max Kellerman at 28

24 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Parents of Clutchfans who forgot to teach their kids about the 90s at 28

20 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Hakeem level system was replaced by the Like system, nearly impossible to reach that level.

juanm34 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone who joined Clutchfans during the genesis loves Hakeem
    So does that dude who started the genesis

3. rockets13champs

Harden has a different game. 2 different animals, Hakeem will never shoot 15 3 pointers in a game. Harden is a decent defender. Enjoy and appreciate it what you have now. Don’t take harden for granted he’s a close 2nd if he delivers us to the promise land. This generation needs their version of Hakeem

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hakeem's game could literally be the first option on Defense and first option (sometimes 2nd) on Offense.

Even his superstar peers couldn't do it. It aint fair to Harden, he does not play in his league.

5. the shark

the shark Member

"This generation needs their VERSION of Hakeem"?

There's never going to be another Hakeem.

Plus Hakeem didn't have to team up with another superstar to win a title. Yes he did it with Clyde but the Dream put a team on his back and carried it to the promised land.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

against way better bigs

I know the PGs and SG/SFs might hold their own but the Centers were much tougher back in the days, that made it harder to score points from inside.

Harden would shoot jumpers all day and look to the refs when he drives.

the shark likes this.
  7. FearTheBeardJH

Current team is clearly much better than any Hakeem led them.

8. FearTheBeardJH

He was gifted MVP and DPOY, shouldn't have won either. It was just finals MVP year.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Harden is entering his alpha prime years for pure accolades we could revisit the thread in 3 years. Plus the slippery slope of comparing different eras on top of positional differences.

Dream did things Harden can't do. Stepdaddy James does things Dream couldn't do. They are both great and I'll be surprised if James isn't in the HOF when he's done.

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

tinman is unique in that he's the only person in this world that make me want to say something not overwhelmingly positive about Hakeem.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. the shark

the shark Member

The ironic thing about the village idiot is he doesn't know he's the village idiot.

Man there are a lot of village idiots on this site. Those who think Harden is better then Dream, those who wonder if Dream would have the versatility to play in today's game, those who think Capela might be as good as Hakeem at this point in his career, that he was "gifted MVP & DPOY", and on and on it goes with the ignorant comments.

Dream DOMINATED on both ends of the court something Harden will never be able to do (which isn't a knock on him as there has't been anyone like Dream).

We're very blessed to have Harden and like any other Rocket fan I would love to see him take us to the promised land and win a title(s). He's an incredible player but when comparing to Dream it's IF vs DID.

IF he can win a title(s). Dream DID!!

IF he can win an MVP. Dream DID.

IF he can win DPOY. Dream DID.

IF he can win Finals MVP. Dream DID.

As for the countless other ignorant comments that will continue moving forward:

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

ah tinman at it again with HoF post. Well yes thats why he was called "The Dream" even shaq can admit to it. He took Robinson and Ewing to the hole. I can admit, although not the same time of game as today, if the nba was like it was back then yes he would be considered great, and curry would be like this guy is the best ive ever seen omg lol. But in this time era, he would probably be left out with all the running and gunning they do now.

If internet was around real early you would of had granddads coming here much older than mr tinman proclaiming how great Sampson, or even Rudy was! My dad at 70 , said he seen Calvin play back in the days, not a big ball fan, but he said that guy was unstoppable little point guard. Was good.... Scoring at will. So yea but in that time frame you could say yea.

Even the bs report did a article on that, you cant really argue with it lol But tinman just dont like these youngin coming in here and talking smack, so watch out lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1723386-ranking-the-top-25-players-in-houston-rockets-history

Hehe Kenny Smith is better than james harden cracked me up. I guess it was the time of clutch factor played in there haah.

Probably a better one to go by honestly that one is like too old to judge harden..

https://www.axs.com/top-10-best-houston-rockets-players-ever-126242

#133 Le$$, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  14. rockets13champs

Calm down old man. Everything isn’t an arguement. By their version of Hakeem I mean we need someone great From our generation too. Appreciate what harden is doing. He MAY NOT be Hakeem but he is great.

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

16. Perki-Perk

Perki-Perk Member

Houston is the reason I'm a Rockets fan, but yes, Hakeem was great!

rockets13champs likes this.
  17. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

the reason for that even when the athleticism fades off, the bigs are still BIG, but shorter and smaller guys who can no longer jump, sprint and dunk would find it very hard to stay on the court, that's the same saying you can't teach height, skills fades off as body weakens, but height never does

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When I think of Hakeem, I think of a defensive juggernault first and foremost.

When I think of Harden, I think of an offensive force of nature.

But if you compare Hakeem's O and Harden's D, all of us will come to the conclusion they are worlds apart.

And of course Harden resembles a junior boy scout showing off his athleticism in comparison to Hakeem's otherwordly athleticism.

Harden's footwork and skills is elite in this era, but Hakeem's motion skills are second to none, IMHO Best of Alltime.

Boy against Man. Both age well.

#138 daywalker02, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden needs another Ex MVP candidate to have a chance to win it all.

Hakeem won it all without another MVP candidate.

That's how much of a difference Elite Defense paired with Skills and sheer Athleticism makes.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL it's harden's fault the rockets haven't won a chip yet

and LOL at Hakeem has no help compared to Harden

2017 rockets harden 15 WinShares 2nd higest paid player RA 5.2 WinShares
    with Pbev, Ariza, Cap, Ego, Nene

1995 rockets hakeem 10 WInShares HOF Drexler 5.2 WInShares
    with Kenny SMith, Ellie, Cassel, Horry, Thorpe, Maxwell