1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem and the warm weather theory

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drewdog, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

I think I recall when the mid season trade rumors were swirling, Hakeem stated that he wanted to play in a warm weather climate (i.e. Miami, Phoenix). The last time I checked, Toronto is pretty much a frozen tundra. In fact I visited up there in the middle of July one summer, and recall wearing a sweatshirt to a Blue Jays game.

Knowing this, do you really think Dream wants to play north of the border???

------------------
    I stole your money and I did your daughter at Texas A&M University

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Greedy partners in action Hakeem and Fegan see a pot of $$$$$ in a faraway igloo and they will persist through miles of snow in flip-flops to get to it.

------------------

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

He is going to freeze his a$$ off up there....I can tell you that. Im beginning to think that Fegan is the devil himself.

------------------

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Member

If I'm not mistaken, that's actually why he ended up in Houston after coming from Africa -- he couldn't deal with the cold weather of New York. I'm not sure, it's been a while since I read his Autobio, but I know he mentions how cold it was in the first city he went to, and he was so happy coming to Houston where he felt more comfortable.

------------------
    I'm looking for a job, so hire me

"And I just have to smile and say 'well, I hope so' while I'm really thinking inside how I'd like to just strangle them and take their job."

5. SlamN

SlamN Member

Hakeem discovered that the cold makes you age slower so he can continue to play and demand top dollar.

------------------

6. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

I dont think he wants to leave H-town. I mean the weather is like his native Nigeria, and I know he doesnt want to flee the humidity.....

------------------