1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hackers invoke 9/11 in Threat over The Interview

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

It is amazing what North Korea has accomplished with their limitations...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. downbytheriver

Lol .. are radical muslims smart enough to pull this off? Don't think so. Bombs in pots are much more to their abilities. Even the moderate ones are just yes men who provide finances

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

What in the hell did I just read?

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I laughed.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

thumbs is the D&D version of Kim Jong Un, except a little nuttier.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Does oBamacare cover dementia? Poor guy.

7. VanityHalfBlack

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

How many millions of dollars will this cost Sony by not releasing the movie? Now how many criminals are licking their chops ready to target major corporations for blackmail material?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are actually making Bill and Ted 3 BTW, there's still time!

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

#30 Northside Storm, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This might not be the work of NK directly but they could've paid someone to to do it for them.

12. Remii

Remii Member

So you believe sanctions are in order because of some dumb azz movie Sony made... Lmao...!!!!

Sony made their bed and they have to lay in it. We're not even sure if NK is responsible for breaking into Sony's system anyway.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

NPR said yesterday all-in damages of a half-billion (though that seemed to be a pretty expansive definition of damage). But, from what I've read, Sony wasn't terribly diligent in their cybersecurity. After all the hacks we've had this year, every major company should be making cybersecurity a high priority or they're asking for it.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry I think you are clueless. A foreign gov't basically hit a corporation's operations headquartered in the U.S. to a point that they brought that company to it's knees and could completely destroy a major business. Not only that, they threatened to kill Americans to further achieve their objections.

The U.S. can't allow businesses in her territory to be intimidated this way. There should be a relation of significant level.

If this is indeed from the N. Koreas it is an act of war. The U.S. should treat it no differently that the N. Koreans hiring mercenaries to conduct a military operation on U.S. soil.

15. Remii

Remii Member

Yea, you thought everyone who liked the James Harden trade was clueless also... Lol..

Sony is a Japanese based company putting out a movie about assassinating North Korea's leader (who is crazy as hell)... They should have known better.

16. JuanValdez

That Sony is headquartered in Japan isn't terribly important. Sony is publically traded on the TSE and the NYSE, and there are many Americans who are invested in it. And the subsidiary Sony Pictures is based in California, employs Americans, and pays taxes to American tax authorities. This isn't someone else's problem. The other country that has a claim, btw, happens to be a close American ally that lies pretty close to North Korea and has a pretty keen interest in what happens in that country.

They won't tell us, I'm sure, but I hope our own hackers are messing with them right now.

17. Remii

Remii Member

Americans complain about having to bail out big banks because of their own F ups and now you want to run to the aid of Sony because they F'd up and made a movie based off the adventures of Dennis Rodman and they have a rinky dink IT staff to boot... Yea, that sounds about right.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not about running to the aid of Sony, but the larger issue of the idea that we were attacked in a form quite probably from another country.

19. JuanValdez

No, I want them to fill an essential role of government -- protecting its people from foreign aggression. If a government can't do that, what's the point of having them around? Why did Sony pay all those taxes if the US is going to let foreign governments push them around? I'm not asking the government to compensate Sony the half-bil they might be losing, only that they enforce our laws domestically and punish foreign attackers internationally.

20. Remii

Remii Member

Well if that's what you want ---> Sony should have asked the US government permission before they made a movie about assassinating a dictator of a country that we could have some trouble with but they didn't.

If the script was flipped people in this country would be b****in left and right because back in the early 90's a rap group (Public Enemy) made a song called 'By The Time I Get To Arizona' because Arizona didn't recognize MLK day and many people in this country shyt'd a brick when they dropped the video. I believe MTV even pulled it after one day.

If Sony is going to put out movies like this than they better be prepared to deal with the consequences which they weren't...