1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

H-I-larious NBA quotes

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DREAMer, Sep 10, 2001.

1. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Check out this webpage of humorous NBA quotes...

http://www.dfw.net/~patricia/nba-daily-humor

Some examples:
    • 10/13 Detroit, in trying to generate some toughness, was bring their starters through a row of chest-bumping teammates during introductions. Friday night, Eric Montross came down the line, got a chest bump from a teammate, and fell down.
    • Dikembe Mutombo (Atl) on his technical for wagging his finger after a block: "I can not do the finger wave to the guy after I block a shot, I have to do it to the crowd. I did it to the crowd, but the referee said there was a bench in front of the crowd."
    • Charles Barkley on teammate Cuttino Mobley: "He's instant offense, on both ends of the floor, I might add."
    • Alonzo Mourning on winning the Defensive Player of the Year award: "I thank my teammates for letting their men blow by them."
    • Joe Kleine on playing another season: "It's pretty simple. I was sitting at home at the end of August and somebody called me up and said, 'Who wants to be a millionaire?' I said, 'I do.' And they said, 'Is that your final answer?' I said, 'Let me call my lifeline.' So I called Dana [his wife] and she said, 'If you don't take it, I'll kill you.'"
    • Agent Keith Glass on how the new collective bargaining agreement will affect agents: "We're like rats; we adapt."
    • Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah, I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
    • Brian Williams (Det) on Isiah Thomas: "Light travels faster than sound, so some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak."
    • Jim Cleamons: "Like I told the team at halftime, Stevie Wonder, Roy Orbison and Ray Charles could have hit some of those shots - or at least come close. We acted like 12 people who were dropped down from outer space, put uniforms on and played like we had never seen one another before."
    • A Nike ad showing in Japan has an American going up to some Japanese boys who were shooting around and teaches them how to trash talk. CNN correspondent Bill Dorman: "Roughly translated, (it means), "Your mother's belly button sticks out."
    • 3/30 After the 117-92 trouncing by the San Antonio Spurs,
      a lot of criticism was directed at Dallas, including some from the players themselves. Tim Legler: "We couldn't beat ... <pause> us. We couldn't even beat us. I was trying to think of somebody bad, and I couldn't think of anybody else. Us."

2. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

3. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

WAH!!!!!!!! :D

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

One of the funniest quotes I read was when NBAtalk.com said that the Bulls would win 35 games and that Rice, McGrady, Eddie Jones and Tim Thomas would "regret not signing with the Bulls". I'm sure they're upset! ;) Another funny quote was when a magazine said that Manute Bol was greatest defensive player in history because he could stop the offensive on both sides of the court! Hilarious! :D

#4 RocksMillenium, Sep 10, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2001
  5. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Amazing. One of the funniest I read was the Rockets paying Cato in excess of 35 million...

WAH!!!!!!!:D

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not as funny as the Bulls' record last year.
    Now that was a laugher.

WAH!!!!!!! :D

7. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Even funnier was seeing stevie set the stage for his exit two seasons in advance: I hate watching other teams in the playoffs. I hate going home for the summer early. I hate that they don't even talk about our team.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :eek:

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

whats even funnier is seeing a troll that has to run around to other message boards and try to make other people as angry at their teams as he is of this own. sorry gb, you and everyone else knows steve is staying, this isn't chicago where we are so desparate to try to win over 20 games a season that we try any coc-a-mame(sp?, i'm sure a bulls fan knows how to spell this word) trade to bring our franchise out of the cba level gutter.

9. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I hate to be a party pooper but those are not funny. I am sorry. :(

10. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

No...I don't know that.

And you don't know bball. Who did we trade for that thats a bust?

11. BTM

BTM Member

gettingbranded, come on. Cut Steve some slack...

He may not be the best at portraying himself to the media but he is still a great player.

But yeah, it was pretty dumb for him to say that...

12. Severe Rockets Fan

"Three straight seasons among the worst teams in basketball and now the bulls are a laughingstock." ESPN nba front page. I don't know bball? Yea you're the one to judge that, I love how you and your infinite bball knowledge comes to this bbs and informs us on how great the bulls are getting..lol! the bulls ARE the laughingstock and will be for years to come, face it. But it is pretty cool how you have to come to the rockets bbs and point out all the things wrong with the organization. Who did you trade for that is a bust? Oh you and your great bball knowledge are asking the wrong question, after 45 wins in 3 years, its more like who didn't you trade for...that is the reason you are a bust. After 3 years of top draft picks all you can say is that we have 2 hopefuls on our team now? nice :rolleyes:

13. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

This is called saying much without saying a word.

14. Severe Rockets Fan

and thats called not saying much without saying anything. or you could call it 4 dots.:p

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Bzzzt. Bad troll. Talking about "maybes" and "probables" with nothing concrete. What do I mean by concrete? Here you go:

1) The Bulls suck.
    2) The Bulls were one of, if not, the worst team in basketball last year.
    3) Laden with all the salary cap in the world, the Bulls managed to bring in that stud Ron Mercer. (laughable)
    4) The Rockets are worried about how to keep their superstars. The Bulls are worried about how to acquire them.
    5) The Rockets barely took 1-2 years to rebuild. The Bulls' rebuilding effort has now officially been dubbed "tradition".

Now those are facts... quit whining like a fan of a losing team with a user id that has left you orphaned. WAH!!!!! :D

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

READ : Who can we trade for that will actually play for us? :(

WAH!!!!! :D

17. Severe Rockets Fan

oh cmon DOD thats mean, don't be like that to gb :D

18. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

And I'm the bad troll?

Yeah right...whatever.

19. Severe Rockets Fan

finally i think you are getting the point.....

20. BTM

BTM Member

We have a superstar on our team? Hakeem went to the Raptors, remember?

Steve isn't a superstar in this league yet. When he gets there, he will be great.

Steve is like Antawn Jamison, IMO. He isn't there yet but he is damn sure close.

btw- Severe Rockets Fan, you're a mental midget.