1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys looking for work (free agents)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Mar 13, 2006.

1. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

ring latrell's bell :p

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

word, btw, like the sig. :p

3. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

What would it take for us to get Fred Hoiberg? Seems like the dude can hit the 3 though he only plays limited minutes. I don't doubt that he'd get more PT here.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Hoiberg has a pacemaker. He'd be crazy to try his luck in Houston given the run of misfortune the team has had.

5. ToothYanker

OK what about Jim Jackson? Even though he probably hates JVG. Still, the guy is out of work. He can hit the 3 and probably won't be any worse on D than our other perimeter players.

Assuming he'd want to come back to us.

6. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

He is with LAL

7. ToothYanker

darn, I'm totall out of it. Btw, I sent u an email, BenignDMD.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Let's bite the bullet and be the first team to take a chance on Jay Williams.

It's a move that clearly only makes sense if the playoffs are completely out of reach. We're dangerously close to that point so its something you have to consider. If he could even become a shadow of his former self he's already a decent pickup. He's still relatively young, if he proves to be a worthwhile pickup the problem of a quality backup PG could be potentially be solved without having to give up much of anything to acquire him.

If you're down and out, it makes sense to take a chance on a guy that has/had superstar potential. I'm surprised nobody has picked him up yet.

9. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

That should tell you something right there

10. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Dude, Samaki Walker can score during halftime. How cool is that? In fact, he has a ring because of it.

I think we should get Cherokee Parks. We would still have a weak 4, but at least his sister is hot.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Well there is that little mater of him returning from open heart surgery and playing with a pacemaker.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'd be ok with spree if he is in good shape.

he was allays a good scorer. if he's in good shape he could definitely help us persue the playoffs.

but i would be ok tanking the rest of the way. even with a healthy team the playoffs were a long shot.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Getting Spree couldn't hurt. We're on the verge of it being over, so it's time to pull out all the stops.