1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys i wouldnt be making fun at....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Steve, Sep 22, 2000.

1. Steve

Steve Member

Maloney i heard from a newspaper in Miami that Pat Riley is lookin for a back up PG now that he signed Hardaway and is contemplating Erik Murdock and MATT MALONEY!!! so before we start making fun of the man without a job lets hope he dont win the championship [​IMG]

------------------
    "It wasn't a fight. He punched me one time, that's all. That's not a fight. I don't fight at 30,000 feet. I had an education." L8 vs Stack

2. alaskansnowman

Hope Matt has a job, but if he doesnt, he always has income from us. [​IMG]

------------------
    president of the dan langhi fan club.

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I will be happy for the guy, let him go somewhere so he can win. Just hope he doesnt come to the west because for some reason he might do something to us. [​IMG]

------------------
    "You look a team that's been to the mountaintop like the Houston Rockets, I'm going to put pressure on myself to be the best possible player that I can be. With the pieces they already have in place and myself, we can do some amazing things next season."

Maurice Taylor

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah like warm the Compaq Center's seats :p

5. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Come on guys give the dude a break... ok I thought about it for a second and never mind [​IMG]

------------------
    Life moves pretty fast, If you don't stop and look once in a while you might miss it!! ... Ferris Bueler

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I do hope he gets on Miamis roster. Let his butt win a championship. I never hated the guy. He is not as bad as some Rocket fans make it out to be. Yeah he doesnt deserve 18 million, but whats he supposed to do. I mean if someone was giving u 18 million, I bet none of us would say "hey I dont deserve this much money"!

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

REDSKINS SUCK!!!!!!!!

7. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All I know is that if I was a player, I would want to know who Maloney's agent is. Imagine what the agent could do for a good player . . . .

If someone hands you money, you take it.

------------------

8. outlaw

outlaw Member

Yeah you guys leave Matt alone. I'm still convinced we wouldn't have beaten the Sonics in the 97 playoffs without his killer treys.

9. Miggidy Markell

If they move the three point line back to it's original position he can come back as a third string guard [​IMG]

------------------
    Miggidy Markell says:

1. Eastcoast is da sh*t
    2. Rockets rule
    3. Hip/Hop is dope
    4. Buy the new Ruff Ryders album!

Miggidy Markell is watching
    Stay STRAPPED & WATCH ya back or be Assimilated.

10. Sane

Sane Member

LOL, make fun of him as much as u want....I take Drew over him...If he goes to Miami, he play behind Hardaway AND Anthony Carter...and if it was up to the heat, they'd take Murdock over Maloney...

------------------

11. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

With all of his money, you would think he could find something he's better at than basketball [​IMG]

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maloney may not have been the best PG to play for the Rockets, but with that veteran team,he was the RIGHT PG to play for them.

Quit making fun of his contract, the reason players come to Houston is because they know they will get taken care of, Maloney did, and so will SA and Mo Taylor.

It is one of the things I am most proud of, is the loyalty of our Rocket management.

They are the best.

DaDakota

------------------
    All you MO-FO's better stop ripping off my lines !!

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

What kind of loyalty do we owe to Maloney and Cato again?

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

REDSKINS SUCK!!!!!!!!

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

exactly!!

------------------

15. DaDakota

Rockets03,

It is the perception by the rest of the players in the league that is important.

Try looking beyond the obvious, and you will see the big picture.

It is why so many players sign here for less money...SA, MO...etc.

DaDakota

------------------

16. outlaw

outlaw Member

CB didn't take less? He played for 2 million in his 2nd to last season. The reason he did was he knew the Rockets would take care of him in his final one, even though there was no guarantee of that.

Maloney could have left after his rookie year. Lots of teams were interested in him and he re-signed for the minimum. The Rockets would have been using Sedale Threatt and Randy Livingston at PG in 97-98.

Didn't Matt agree to a contract buy-out to provide some cap relief for the Rockets? He didn't have to do that.

17. DaDakota

Outlaw,

Thanks for getting my back on this one.

PERCEPTION, PEOPLE !!!! PERCEPTION !!!!

If your team is perceived to have class, by the players, then you will be able to lure SOME of them to play for you.

The Rockets treat the players with respect, and they have VERY few leave via Free agency.

It matters what players say to each other about certain teams.

Ever wonder why the Clippers stay down for so long.......perception baby !!

DaDakota

------------------

18. BigDog

BigDog Member

DA,

I hate to say it but there are only 2 players who signed with the rockets for less. SA and Mo. These are mid-level players who weren't going to get that big payday and didn't want to be where they were. The Rockets happened to be a team they were willing to play for. Pip didn't take less. CB didn't take less, Eddie Johnson didn't take less. Hell the only reason Cat took 31 mil is because he's only bound by that contract for 2 years after which he can re-negotiate. We gave players money who didn't deserve it like Cato and complain about Maloney's mere 18 mil. He did more than Cato has done or will do for the Rockets IMO. I wish every player would do like SA and Mo and play for the exception. Hell we'd have 4 or 5 rings if they did that.

------------------

19. Gascon

Gascon Member

Don't get so down on Cato, I think he's going to do some really good things for us. He's played defense for us, which is more than Maloney ever did, IMO.

I do agree that it's silly to fault someone for having a big contract. Don't fault them, fault the people that offered them that contract. They're the ones to blame, not the player.

------------------
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead.

No, wait, not me...you.