1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guy V Lewis and the basketball HOF

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Feb 25, 2013.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Guy V should be in the HOF not because of his success at UofH but because of his contribution to helping integrate basketball in the south. he had elvin hayes and don cheney before tcu, techinally the first SWC school to intergrate, had black players. i guess don haskins has that title, not to mention a national championship but guy v was right along with him.

not too mention he helped with bringing television and college basketball together with the ucla game in the astrodome. normally i wouldn't care but i know losing the game to nc state can't negate everything this man accomplished. he seems like the nicest guy and he is 91. rumor is he is already at a stage where he probably won't enjoy induction that much but get the man in while he is alive please.

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

He should have been inducted years ago and the morons that claim he didn't win a title is the reason he isn't in are the same clowns that inducted Lou Carneseca and his one final four.

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

It's a travesty.

5. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

The average college basketball fan doesn't even know who he is now.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It is a travesty, as rimrocker said. I've thought that for many years. I agree with everything in your OP, pgabriel, except for the part about his record at UH. I think just on his record at Houston, the man deserves to be in the Hall. Considering that he's become very old and is not in the greatest health, it is an even bigger tragedy.

Honor Coach Guy V while he's still around to appreciate it!

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Houston Cougars, the original Choke City.

8. DreamRoxCoogFan

whats even worse is that they'll let him in after he dies (if he doesn't get in this time). So stupid and senseless. The man accomplished so much in his time in Houston- Elvin Hayes is a great guy for keeping up his boycott of the Hall. Other Cougars should follow suit.