1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guy Lewis is finally in the HOF!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Aaron Brooks, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Aaron Brooks

Aaron Brooks Member

Coached great Rocket players a la Hayes, Olajuwon and Drexler!

[​IMG]

2. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Very deserving...and long overdue.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep long overdue.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Not trolling but I personally blame him for the loss to NC State. He played right into Jim V's slow down game for the L. Worst loss in Houston's history.

1 person likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. I remember Coach Guy V. breaking the color barrier at UH back when it was a very, very big deal. I remember all the great players he developed. I remember the victories and, yes, the rare defeats back in the glory days of Cougar basketball. I remember what is the greatest basketball game I ever witnessed live on TV, the game before the one the Art mentioned, when the best two teams that year went hammer and tongs at each other, and Houston's depth helped them beat a great Louisville team, both teams being loaded with talent, the Coogs just having more of it, and they wore Louisville out towards the end. God, what a great game. I wish I had it on tape.

Yes, Houston lost that last game, but the best two teams slugged it out in the semi-final. No one will ever convince me otherwise, regardless of the ultimate outcome, HeyPee. And hell, Coach Lewis should have been in the Hall ages ago. At least he's still here to experience it.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Amen and amen!

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I could not be any happier for Coach Lewis. I didn't go to UH, but Coach Lewis is a towering figure in college basketball and richly deserves all the accolades he is receiving. Congratulations to coach Lewis.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Good post and a well deserving honor for GVL. As Drexler says, if the Cougs had not lost that game, the world would not really have come to know Jimmy V. Plus, Houston won an NBA Championship with two of Guy's guys.