1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Who's the better player?

1. Terrence

155 vote(s)
    74.5%
  2. DMo

53 vote(s)
    25.5%
  1. Nook

Nook Member

Milsap, Horford or Faried.

2. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

D mo is garbage. 2 good games by him. Congrats

3. basketballholic

Yep. Terrence's on-court absence has really really hurt us baaaaaaaaaad.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I think we've missed the depth, if we had Jones coming off the bench at the 4, we might be undefeated now.

5. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

I don't understand. Are you normally this insecure? Why the need for the repetitive self-affirmation?

6. basketballholic

We lost to Memphis by how many? And you think he would have made up that difference?

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If we could fuse them together and add a consistent three point shot, that's the answer to the power forward spot.

Right now, I might have to go with Dmo. I've been skeptical of him and high on Jones but Dmo has always been pretty solid defensively, if we can get any sort of consistent offense from Dmo like we have these past few games, I really like what he brings.

That being said, I hope Jones can get healthy soon. I was hoping to see if he could continue his play from last season while improving defensively, but he hasn't been on the floor long enough to see..

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Potentially. Part of our problem that night was being tired and not having a back up 4. I think it would have been a totally different game if we were at full health.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Troll thread is trolling

Why is there a gut check? The Rockets have both players under their rookie deals this year and next. They both do different things and have a different trajectory as pros. Right now they need both and only one of them is healthy.

Why does everything have to be an argument for this guy? The Rockets need BOTH right now unless Paul Millsap or someone better is walking through the TC tunnel tomorrow that we haven't been made aware of yet.

How this guy is still able to make the same thread over and over and over again is beyond me.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think we need to stop this DMo vs TJones stuff. They will both get minutes when Jones returns. They are both young and are still improving. We need both of these guys to play well for the Rockets to get past the first round. I support both players.

11. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

Well if were going off of everything we have seen from them, the answer has to be T Jones. But if what we saw from Dmo is what he is when has his confidence, a solid defensive player , great smooth post game, can hit the three, passer, good iq , great size. My gut says THAT dmo is the better overall player.

DMO and Jones are two totally different types of big men tho. Jones is more an over sized SF , while DMO is a Pf with C capabilities. On our team Jones should start, better fit with Dwight. Honestly i think we would be best having Dmo as our back up C and PF.

What im starting to think about is if DMO is forreal, what happens when they both hit Restricted FA next off season? who gets more money ? who do we trade ? who do we let walk if an offfer is too high? Morey will have alot to play with. Hope he deosnt drop the ball with it.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Exactly. Just because you like D-Mo or Jones better, it certainly does not mean the other player is bad. It will all work itself out.

But I do worry that when Jones gets back it could take weeks for him to get back into basketball shape.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are you simply expecting that tjones need to make as much points as memphis won by?

its not that simple...

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

TJones was playing well before his nerve injury. Impossible to evaluate considering how long he's been out. TJones just seems to fit better with the starting unit.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I acknowledge that Millsap has improved by leaps and bounds yet he is not the perfect example you could mention.

Millsap is undersized and will decline in due time. He isn't the youngest.

I would like someone who is younger, maybe in the age range of an Ömer Asik or younger

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

isn't omer only like a year younger than millsap

17. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

BBhollic just really really hates Jones. He looks for any opportunity to put him down.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Millsap has actually been quite a good PF for a long while. But I agree. Jones and/or D-Mo could look a lot better than Millsap in the summer of 2016. He turns 30 in February.

19. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

T Jones plays great basketball, gets hurt, then ya'll throw him under the bus. . Here's the B*ll**** Clutchfans T Jones KNEEJERK reaction timeline:

1. "He could be good, but Royce White is waaay better"
    2. " Plays great with Dwight! Look at that PER!!!!
    3. "He had a bad playoff series??? THIS GUY IS GARBAGE"
    4."OMG, this guy has gotten so much better! Our mistake, he's the real deal"
    5. DMO is better than T Jones

Ya'll can keep throwing ***** to the window and that's fine, but STOP *****TING ON T JONES

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I honestly do not see any Clutchfan of serious standing dissing Jones. Every true Rockets fan wants him back healthy ASAP. And I think most of us are completely confident that the coaching staff (they cost what $7M a year?) will make the best decision about PT when Jones returns. I may be a big D-Mo fan, but I sure hope Jones gets back soon. We need him.