1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gurriel caught being racist to Yu Darvish

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TheRealist137, Oct 27, 2017.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh my god.... lol

I get a kick out of this idea that being a racist ass is just being politically incorrect. That is AWESOME! I love how you guys come up with this twisted nonsense and have the irrational confidence to victimize your own outrageous behavior as just telling it like it is.

hooroo likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

yea i have serious issues like being brown myself you dumbass. i swear people are so damn uptight it's ridiculous. like i said earlier this country and people like you could learn from other cultures where race, culture, gender, etc... isn't so damn serious. you flakes are ruining this country because you can't have a laugh.

3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Let me guess, you don’t believe in Jesus Christ. Just an assumption I’m making based on the limited info I’m extrapolating from your “mocking” response.

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Great thread.

RedRedemption and CometsWin like this.
  6. CometsWin

What does Jesus have to do with your assertion that acting like a racist jackass is being politically incorrect and people should get over it because they're snowflakes?

Is that what Jesus taught? Do tell.

7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Uuummmmmkay. You totally missed the mark of what i was saying. But that’s ok....

Go Astros!!

8. fiersdownbelow

Lol what?

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I hate our society nowadays. It has become a cesspool of stupidity.

On one side we have idiots (mainly from the Republican Party) who just can’t get over the idea that minorities have a lot of bs racism used against them and want to excuse everything that anyone ever does against a minority.

On the other side we have idiots (mainly liberals) who like to blow every minor incident into this huge ordeal. It seems that these people actually do constantly look for stuff to shame others about. The stupid witch hunt isn’t helping anything either.

Just a complete **** show all around.

adw, tmactoyao, Rox225 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  11. CometsWin

Oh, no. Here are you own words. PC movement, Jesus Christ, the immoral left media, get over it. All in your own words.

Is that what Jesus teaches?

12. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I never condoned racism, although I did concede that racism/prejudice is a part of every human’s nature.

I’m Chinese and I really could not care less if some one says to me (with gestures ending with pulling boobies out of his shirt) “Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees...LOOK AT THESE!”

Who cares? I can get over that rather quickly and not make a big deal of it.

So yeah, I think the term “snowflakes” is pretty darn fitting for those that make a mountain out of a mole hill.

LonghornFan and Hustle Town like this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This wasn't about being PC, and anything supporting what Gurriel did isn't being anti-PC. What Gurriel did was stupid and racial. You can be un-PC and still oppose that kind of stupid behavior.

It was about a guy who made a stupid gesture. I believe he didn't understand the implications of what he did. I believe he didn't mean for it to be offensive. So hopefully this situation will help him learn to be more careful. That's the best thing that can from this.

It happened and he has received a punishment. Let's move on to some baseball!

I'd like to hope I am done talking about this. The Darvish incident has been addressed. An apology was issued. Darvish handled it very graciously. Any further debate won't be about that incident but about people who use the incident to gripe about people who make stands against incidents they feel are racist. So it seems any further discussion only goes in that direction.

hooroo, DudeWah and RedRedemption like this.
  14. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

No, Jesus does not teach us to tolerate immorality or evil. We are to stand up for what’s right according to God’s will.

That said, that does not mean to be overly sensitive of racist gestures caught by a sneaky camera shot of a dugout during the World Series.

Yuli made a mistake. We all make mistakes.....just because it’s behind closed doors or in secret doesn’t make it right and we have to ask God to forgive us for it daily because we are just all fallen and can’t be perfect.

Yuli would have been convicted by his actions eventually without the help of the media blowing it up.

15. CometsWin

It's not your place to judge who is offended by what. Instead of attacking those who are offended as snowflakes, why don't you simply refrain from condoning racism by dismissing its impact.

Yuli screwed up. Is he a racist? I don't know but that gesture sure as hell was racist. Asians have every right to be offended by it and that doesn't make them snowflakes. You attacking them for their offense is just bad form.

16. Bob Barker 007

What this guy says is not any different from the other silly media takes that have taken over Twitter. This guy is obsessed with a bunch of nonsense. Look at his Twitter page.

Hustle Town likes this.
  17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Good post. Moving on.....Go Astros..take game 4

RedRedemption likes this.
  18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

@Hustle Town

You seem like a good guy. You have good takes on sports. You seem really grounded and intellectual as well. You’re definitely genuine. I enjoy seeing your posts.

That being said, as a minority, your posts make me feel uncomfortable. Guys like fiersdownbelow, ipaman, and davidrocket in this thread don’t strike me as the brightest bulbs.

But you’re different. I mean this sincerely: why are you trying so hard to excuse what Yuli did?

He is my favorite Astros player. And again, I don’t think he had any malicious intent. Additionally, there’s also an obvious culture gap at play here. But doing that in our society has a racist meaning. Why not just say it was racist, but it was probably just out of ignorance with no ill feelings and he’ll likely learn from it?

I sincerely want to understand why you apparently (your posts convey such) are trying to make it sound like people should excuse this sort of behavior.

tmactoyao and Hustle Town like this.
  19. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Let me ask you something. Did you vote for Trump or Hillary? Honest question here.

Before you get on my case about it having “nothing to do with this discussion”, I’ll concede that I’m asking a very simple question of which I’m hoping for a very simple answer regardless of relevance and leave it at that.

20. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

So in other words, because I'm white I'm not allowed to express an opinion on this? Oh wait, he's just saying that if I disagree with him and are white I'm not allowed to express an opinion. That's MUCH better.