1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gunman at JSC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rage, Apr 20, 2007.

1. rage

rage Member

Channel 2

2. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

crap man, whats going on? all it says on cnn.com is to watch their stupid pipeline to see whats happening.

3. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

I hope this isnt the beginning of a string of copycats :(

4. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

[NEWS] Gunfire at Johnson Space Centre, Houston

Getting initial reports of gunshots fired in engineering department of NASA's Johnson Space Centre in Houston....

5. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

6. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

7. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

My brother works there. Just got off the phone with him, he said it was one building over from his. That they're all on lock down, and can't leave. Crazy world we live in fellas.

8. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

Reports: Possible Shooting at Johnson Space Center in Houston
    Friday, April 20, 2007

HOUSTON, Texas — There have been reports of a shooting at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas, according to local news reports.

Local FOX affiliate KRIV reports that it is not known if a gunman has been caught or if anyone was injured in the shooting. Building 44, which is an engineering systems building, is currently on lockdown.

9. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

gunfire?Authorities have evacuated Building 44 at the Johnson Space Center because of reports of a man with a weapon, according to a JSC spokeswoman.

The building is reportedly for Communication/Engineering. Houston police were being dispatched to the scene.

NASA security got a phone call at 1:40 p.m. about a person with a weapon at Building 44, an office building where engineers work on communications systems.

It was unclear what kind of weapon.

People were told to leave Building 44, and workers in other buildings were told to remain there.

Building 44, which sits in the middle of the 1,600-acre Johnson Space Center campus, includes offices and two labs. It is an engineering facility for communications and tracking involved in space shuttle work.

From television helicopter camera shots on Channel 11, many Houston Police cars were around the building.

Clear Creek ISD's Space Center Intermediate School, with about 900 students, is currently on lockdown status. No injuries have been reported.

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

watching on CNN.. the police swept through once, haven't found anyone. Still looking. Reports are that a man "had a gun". There is a conflicting report that there was gunfire, but that's unconfirmed.

Building 44 is one of the smaller buildings, and they believe to have evacuated all or almost all the employees.

Based on the map, there aren't other buildings very close to 44.

Schools nearby are in lockdown as a precaution, so parents are not supposed to go there right now.

11. Fatty FatBastard

No lockdown required. Just look for the guy wearing diapers.

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

oh ****, someone on this board works there.

13. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Hey, don't blame me. I'm on a business trip to another NASA center right now. :)

Bldg 44 is across the street and caddycorner to where I work. Just called my coworkers and they said they are still in lockdown and following this on tv. Bldg 44 is otherwise known as ESTL and is used for alot of equipment testing.

CNN says that the gunman is "barricaded on the 2nd floor."

14. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

My mother is in building 37 and they are under orders to "shelter in place" for the time being.

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Have they closed down Saturn Ln. or anything?

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Wtf...crazy world we live in...

17. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I don't know about Saturn, but my mother was able to leave her building and get off of NASA property. She probably went up Space Center to Middlebrook.

18. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

They have reports saying that it was a contract employee for JSC who originally works for Jacobs Engineering

19. astroagg

astroagg Member

I work for one of the subcontractors of Jacobs over in building 7. At least 44 is one of the places on the outer limits on site, so it is easy to isolate.

Still, this is going to make for an interesting time going to work for the next few weeks.

20. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

CNN reporting that the guy was about to get fired or something like that. Shots *have* been fired.