1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gun Control in America.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by s land balla, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, heavily intertwined.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Well I don't know. Maybe you should pull some stats showing CC holders break the laws in bars using firearms. I suspect you will find a number ranging from 0 to very low. The reason is two fold; Most bars forbid it. Secondly, responsible gun owners know better than to bring a gun into a bar.

Law abiding citizens making responsible decisions?? Say it ain't so.

However, it is nice that CC holders will no longer become a criminal for accidentally bringing a weapon into a security check point.

3. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

It is a bit sad that some CC holders might actually forget they have a deadly weapon on their person. That particular piece of information would likely be on my mind at all times.

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Repeating things again doesn't make it so. As I've observed, most of the NRA's funding is from individuals, with about half of the NRA's total funding coming from its membership fees, much less voluntary donations and selling advertising. Naturally, there are some links - but that's the same in literally every other lobby out there, no different from the fact that a huge chunk of the fight for Internet privacy is led by massive corporations like Microsoft and Google.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

One day we will all be perfect like you and never makes mistakes.

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I would never claim to be perfect, but every time I have had a firearm in my possession, I was fully aware of that fact at all times. I believe it is more than a little sad that ANY person could "accidentally" approach a secured area with a firearm on their person. Seems like that would be the same kind of person who would leave a loaded handgun in the trunk unsecured to the point that a small child could get at it.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I didn't say anything about funding. You brought up funding. Fact is they're heavily intertwined with gun manufacturers, vendors, and any sort of training... even the CHL classes. That's not my opinion, it's a fact. Willful ignorance doesn't make it untrue.

8. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

#548 rhadamanthus, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

"With just one exception, every public mass shooting in the USA since 1950 has taken place where citizens are banned from carrying guns."

http://americangunfacts.com/

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

stay away from gun free zones if you value your life.

11. g1184

g1184 Member

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't know what that stats imply, but that site is so full of BS.

Here is a statement I just make up --- i think it can be fairly accurate

Every murder via gun in the USA in people home has taken place where citizens were NOT banned from carrying gun.

14. g1184

g1184 Member

What conclusion did you draw from the quote and article he posted?