1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guitar Hero:World Tour

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bladeage, Oct 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

So I went to Gamestop at midnight last night to pick it up. I unfortunately was not able to reserve the full band kit bundle in time. I just got the guitar kit.

The game seems a lot better than GH3. The tracklist is great so far but it seems a little too easy at times. I play on Expert and I've been breezing through the songs so far without even any hand discomfort. I don't know if they did this because alot of people suck or because they thought the last one was too hard (it wasn't).

Anyway..anyone else got this on 360? My gamertag is Bladeage. Hit me up if you wanna run a pro face-off.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Did anyone see the commercial with Kobe, A-Rod, Tony Hawk and Michael Phelps? I had to reply it a couple of times.

3. AGBee

AGBee Member

[​IMG]

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My son recognized Tony Hawk for me. Someone post the youtube when it's available. Kobe really hammed it up good.

5. bladeage

Hijack alert.

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Hate to get off track, but... A-Rod's thighs look really, umm... gross?

7. AGBee

AGBee Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAgj5eKm8kg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAgj5eKm8kg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Tony Hawk looks like a mannequin in that picture.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=156054

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I sincerely apologize for derailing the thread. Discuss the game here, the commercial in the NBA Dish.

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

im broke at the moment, probably another 2 paychecks before I get it, I'll probably just the game for now, and hint to someone in my family to get me the drum set for Xmas :)

the song list isn't too shabby and their DLC lineup is going to be solid, big props for getting the new Oasis album on there :)

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the rock band drums work with this game right?

The song list looks awesome.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i got the game only i'm not spending money on another drum set or another guitar i don't need.

I like the tracklist a lot but it's rather disappointing as a game. it's fun but it's not anywhere close to as polished as rockband. you can't save anyone, you don't have the nice little drum fills to activate bonus points, i don't think there's any difference at all between the band mode and just quickplay particularly if you have all the songs already unlocked.

the setlist probably has rockband 2 beat but the game just isn't nearly as good.

the drums are rather easy on expert though i'm only probably halfway through at this point, plus i'm using the rockband drums so not sure if they scaled back the difficulty if you don't have the extra pad like their official drums?

all that said, i still like it and i'm incredibly stoked for the new oasis album to become available for download. i would have payed 60 bucks just for that and the new metallica album which i'll probably download tomorrow.

13. bladeage

The only thing I was disappointed about was there was no Santana, SRV, Thin Lizzy. And alot of the songs on expert have pretty weak solos. Expert is mostly chords...lots of chords. Chords where there shouldn't be chords and single notes where there should be chords. I am now feeling as if they didn't put as much effort into the mapping as they have before. Some songs just aren't as fun to play as they should be.

14. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was planning on buying the game disc for this game somewhere down the line. Mostly so I can get the new Metallica album. It doesn't sound like this can touch Rock Band 2, though.

15. mic

mic Contributing Member

I'm looking forward to playing this, but I have a feeling it's going to pale in comparison to RB2. After having had a taste of RB, GH has never been the same.

Stoked about playing "Beat It." Ha ha.

I wish my cough would go away so I could get back to singing!

16. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

You know, I went to pick the game up yesterday since I reserved it, to only find out that they had me down for the guitar and game only. We specifically said the bundle for $189.99. So they couldnt give it to us since the only 2 they had were also reserved. Not my problem, they made the mistake, give me the game I reserved. And there is no way to tell on the receipt what you reserved except for the game title, not what comes with it. My wife was pissed. Thanks Gamestop for screwing over a loyal customer... now I have to call every day to see when they will have a bundle. I wasnt going to settle on the just the guitar...

17. bladeage

That sucks. Atleast you will have some time for others to fix some of the problems with the drums. So when you start experiencing them, you will know how to fix it. I hear the drums suck. I can tell you that the guitar seems poorly made. The strum bar squeaks now and the faceplate on the guitar doesn't stick. Part of it is coming off.

18. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I haven't gotten it yet - I might have to wait and ask for it for Christmas - my parents still insist on buying me actual gifts. This means I actually have to NOT buy things just so my parents can (though I suppose I shouldn't complain...) So this is #2 on the list. I'm totally psyched about it, I just wish I didn't have to wait so long!

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i agree on the mapping, i was thinking that it's because i'm using rockband drums when the game is meant for guitar hero drums but the parts just aren't as fun as rockband. i'd like to try it with the new drums but i don't want to shell out money for em.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am thinking of getting the guitar kit sometime this week.

i have rockband and no one really plays drums too well...i have two guitars already the original rb one (but with broken whammy bar) and one of those extra ones that look like the original guitar hero controllers which seems way too small. whenever we play as a group no one likes using that guitar so if anything its an upgrade to a different guitar for myself.

i cant wait to play freak on a leash and beat it