1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guitar Hero really that good?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by shawn786, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Stone Cold Hakeem

That was awesome! I want one of those kits!

2. STIX

STIX Member

I have Rockband for 360 but, only play it when people from out of town come in it's pretty fun in my opinion. I was thinking of buying Guitar Hero but, went with Rockband instead.

3. TheBigAristotle

'Tis pretty damn addictive, loll.

4. AGBee

AGBee Member

Madden 09 is stupid, you could be learning to play real football instead of pretending.

5. jtran

jtran Member

This thread reminds me of the Made episode where the chick wants to become a rock star. She got all pissy at her band mates when all they wanted to do was play Rock Band or Guitar Hero instead of practicing with their real instruments lol.

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I only play NBA Live. That is seriously all for me. And I play that rarely.

My HM plays it in his room all the time, I find it a little juvenile to be frank.

7. yuantian

yuantian Member

i first played guitar hero 1. i was able to beat expert level after just 3 weeks of playing. then i got guitar hero 2, was able to beat expert level after just 2 weeks. then i bought a real guitar, and have been playing for 2 and half years. even jammed with a couple of friends too. been pretty good for someone who knows nothing about instruments prior to that.

since playing real guitar, i haven't touched the game yet. it just not as fun. i gave the game and plastic guitars to my friends for free. don't miss it a bit. but i do appreciate that it got me started on the real guitar. now when i play metallica riffs, i know it's from me, not from the video game. sure i don't sound as good as the real thing, but when i want to make a certain note, i can. guitar hero, you are just pressing buttons and the sound is pre programmed. there is no freedom in expressing yourself.

but it's a good game for people who just want to play a game.

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I think I'm going to cave in and purchase this tonight or next time I get to go to Walmart.

Should I get Guitar Hero - World Tour? or another one?

9. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Member

My recommendation would be for Rock Band 2. Rock Band has a ton more songs available for download, and the rate at which they release songs is greater. While I think the overall setlist (on-disc) for GH:WT is better, I believe the game, as a whole, is an inferior product.

Keep in mind, I only really do the drumming, so I can't speak for guitar.

But if you're a big Metallica fan, I'd get GH: Metallica. Initially I was upset that Guitar Hero (Neversoft/Activision) got Metallica exclusively (for the moment), but it was a significant improvement from World Tour.... or maybe I'm just a rabid Metallica fan glad to play a bunch of their songs.

10. MLittle577

MLittle577 Member

I want the Indian version..........Sitar Hero

11. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I thought the idea of the game was pretty dumb myself...I recently bought an xbox 360 a few months ago and never thought I'd buy GH. My wife brought it home by surprise yesterday b/c of a sale+reward zone card at bestbuy (guitar and Aerosmith for only 35 bucks)...she didn't know what I thought of it but I played just to humor her...MAN! It's pretty damn fun :) I went back later yesterday night to get another guitar and world tour.

12. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

I think the Guitar Hero/Rock Band series is pretty fun. Although I do find it frustrating when I can play a song in the game in real-life on my guitar, when I have trouble playing it on Expert in Guitar Hero.