1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gambingo, Apr 26, 2012.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Are you sure you are Fel.6290? I got Fel.8195 when I added you.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

On another note we need to pick which server to be based on, since we can't PVP or WvW together unless we are all on one server.

3. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

i had to jump to Northern Shiverpeaks because my friends are r****ds and couldn't roll on my server because it's full

well it turns out that Northern Shiverpeaks is home to some of the better guilds, namely Team Legacy, we are dominating WvWvW, but has the added side effect of longer WvW queues

L35 asura warrior... having withdraws... :(

4. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The game is fun and I love the pvp so far even though I am still learning my elementalist, but the PvE partying is frustrating. Too many times you zone and get separated from your party members. There is supposed to be a "join in" option when you right click a member's party portrait, but often it is not there, or doesn't work when you try it. My brother and I spent quite a bit of time zoning in and out trying to get into the same overflow server together, and it was blind luck on if we would get invites to join each other's personal quest lines or not (which always resulted in getting separated again once they ended). Hopefully they fix that soon as it was a major down side for playing with friends.

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It actually should be Fel.6390 I think. I went back to Sorrow's Furnace because I couldn't handle the 2-3 hour WvW queue times for Blackgate. Still trying to decide on a server with reasonable queue times and that does not suck.

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I was playing, and the game kicked me out. now i cannot gain access to the log-in server. Even though i could before and i didn't chance anything on my pc/firewall:confused:

Does anybody know if this is a known error by arenanet? I do not want to change things on my pc for nothing.

#106 arno_ed, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  7. arno_ed

I can play the game again, apperently it is a known problem of Arenanet.

I like the game a lot, altough a couple of things are not as good IMHO as the previous game.

I licked the huge amount of skills in Guild wars 1. It was great leveling up and finding new skills.

I also licked the previous version of the mesmer better. I loved waiting for the perfect moment to interupt a spell of an opponent.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

arno...what server are you playing at?

9. arno_ed

I'm playing on a european server. I think it is blackgate, I'll check

I was doing a quest and kept dying with one shot, then i found out i played a level 18 quest and i'm level 7:grin:

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Damn, email today that someone tried to change my password already.

11. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

the party system isn't too bad, when you join in, if ur friends overflow is full, you'll be put into a queue into his overflow, so there may still be some waiting involved

definitely better than a hard queue (non-playable)

there's definitely a problem with dungeons right now, i'm L47 at the moment, and i didn't do AC because i wanted to wait for my friends, well they hit 30, and we couldn't run the dungeon, some couldn't enter, and those entered were alone... hope they fix it soon

12. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Yeah I got one too, anyone know if anet is going to make an authenticator service like wow. The extra security is always relaxing to have.

13. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I don't know that it is better than a server queue, if you group alot. Certainly if your not grouped though, the instanced queues are nice. Even on launch for WoW for example there never was an excessively long queue, and once you got in you could group uninterupted. Over the weekend we wasted several hours of our play time trying to get back into the same queue, and that was just with a 2 person party.

The WvWvW pvp is alot of fun, even though our server is currently matched up with an opposing server with a significant number of Australian guilds, so by the morning they control everything easily, and they have enough american players to hold steady during our prime playing times.

14. arno_ed

Wow i'm getting killed with the norn quest "Rumors of trouble". It is impossible. anybody did this quest and succeeded.

15. The Real Shady

So any level 80's yet?

16. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I appreciate the overflow servers in the sense that I get to play, but yes grouping up is kind of a pain and when I spend 90% of my time on the overflow and get bugged about being able to actually hit the server in the middle of a event, I just stay on overflow.

It could have some kinks worked out, along with a lot of the rest of the game. It does occupy my time now though. The verdict is still out for me.

As far as level, not 80 yet, but just about nearly 50. Leveling is insanely fast on this game. Linear as they said, just keep doing the quests and events around your level.

17. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

dinged 80 monday morning, technically i'm 84 right now

the cost for exotic karma gear is too damn high, haven't done much except spvp and more questing

can't get into wvwvw, 2 hour queue :(

18. The Real Shady

The queue time is part of the reason why I went back to Sorrow's Furnace. During peak hours the worst queue time is usually 5 minutes.

I've been playing the hell out of this game, but I guess I've spent too much time in sPvP and WvW. I only have a level 30 Warrior, 13 Guardian, and 12 Elementalist. I'm going to start focusing more on leveling my warrior.

19. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I really didn't like doing spvp until L60+

I didn't like going in and not knowing what my abilities do, and their effectiveness

sPvP is definitely catered more to my forte, partly because WvW is mostly just zerging, I expect when more of my friends get to 70+, we'll gather on other servers' borderlands and do our own small skirmishes

20. RealMenofGenius

Anyone still play? If so, what server.