1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guess who is in the no.4 in top 10 play?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Alvin Choo, Apr 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Thabeet has no hands! Has no hands! He really sucks!

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

message not sent

3. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

Yeah. I'd like to see what Greg Popovich could do with him...

4. sinobball

sinobball Member

Flynn to Hasheeeeem!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aH0RMtjpFFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thabust is a pathetic loser as an NBA player. He's with a team in full tank mode and is averaging 1 point, 1 rebound and 1/3 of a blocked shot in 5 minutes per game. 16 games total.

I'll tell you what Pop would do: Take one look and throw him out the door (just like he's done to a few over the years). If a player has no desire to improve and get with the program, Pop has no patience whatsoever. It's Pop's way or the highway. Think about how many low-motor (or like Thabust no-motor) players have been successful on the Spurs. Think real hard.

6. sinobball

sinobball Member

Flynn, Thabeet yet to make an impact with Trail Blazers

By Kris Anderson

The Portland Tribune, Apr 12, 2012,

Jonny Flynn and Hasheem Thabeet are 2009 lottery picks with careers that haven't lived up to expectations. They've been cast-offs, each playing for three teams in three years.

With contracts that expire at the end of this NBA season, their arrival to the Trail Blazers last month was for a chance to audition for future jobs – somewhere.

And their time in Portland hasn't revealed much potential.

Flynn didn't get off the bench in Wednesday's 118-110 win over Golden State at the Rose Garden. Thabeet had three rebounds and one point; he played the last 2:51 of the third quarter.

Through 11 games with the Blazers, the 6-foot Flynn has averaged 3.5 points in 12.3 minutes. Thabeet, 7-3, has struggled just to stay on the floor during the nine games he's played – he is averaging 1.2 rebounds and 0.9 points in just four minutes per game

Flynn's current situation is a far cry from where his career began. As the sixth overall pick, the point guard started 81 games for the Minnesota Timberwolves, averaging 28.9 minutes, 13.5 points and 4.4 assists. After that season, though, he suffered a hip injury that required surgery. Flynn missed the first 24 games of the 2010-11 season and then was limited to eight starts and 53 appearances.

Before this season, he was traded to the Houston Rockets, but the hip continued to give him trouble. The Syracuse alum played in just 11 games before being traded to Portland with Thabeet and a 2012 second-round draft choice for Marcus Camby.

Flynn says he is happy, despite his small role so far with the Blazers, to finally be back on the court.

“To sit out a whole season basically before coming here and coming here and playing, I think I got acclimated pretty well,” he says. “The guys in this locker room really helped me get comfortable quick. So I think when I've been out there on the court, I've played pretty well.”

When Flynn becomes a free agent this summer, he'll be hoping for a destination where he can play a role similar to what he had as a rookie – commanding the point on a nightly basis. But he'll wait to see how many organizations believe he could be that guy for them.

“I came into this league as a starter,” Flynn says. “I put up great numbers as a starter. With the unfortunate situation I had with my surgery, I had to work my way back into the starting lineup, and that never happened in Minnesota. But I think I'm definitely a starter in this league. I'm just waiting for that chance.”

Flynn says he could “definitely” see himself signing with Portland. Would Flynn be open to rejoining the Blazers as a backup?

“You would look at your options,” he says. “You definitely will look and see what else is out there. The thing about free agency is, you control your destiny. The teams that are putting offers out there for you and contacting you, they all want you. So you have a mutual agreement with the team that you're going to that you're going to be playing, that things are going to go well.”

Thabeet, though, figures to have fewer potential destinations than Flynn.

The second overall pick in '09, he played in 68 games for the Memphis Grizzlies during his first season, averaging 13 minutes, 3.6 rebounds and 3.1 points. That year, he also became the highest draft choice to be sent to the D-League.

With the Rockets in 2011, Thabeet again wound up in the D-League, and with the Blazers, he's had few opportunities to prove he belongs in the NBA.

“It's hard when you play a few minutes, then get taken out,” he says. “It's hard to go out there and get in a groove with everybody else, to be on the same page as everybody. I can always go out there and compete, get a few rebounds every few minutes I get in there. That's the thing I do.

"I don't really worry about doing too much. I listen to what the coaches want me to do, which is rebound and be effective in the paint. I do that for every few minutes I get in, and it's working pretty well.”

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's like saying you'd like to see what a world-class chef could cook with a pile of turd.

8. sinobball

sinobball Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TLjNJUbBamQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Monster jam

9. sinobball

sinobball Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/twGEngM2Vs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Monster block!