1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Guards pass to Yao only after JVG roaring-by YangYi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hgpan, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Also, even though we are talking about Van Gundy, I find it hard to believe that he would "roar" at the guards to pass the ball before the Boston game when they had a team high 27 assists in the previous game.

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Glad you got my sarcasm on sarcasm. :) Oh, and you too, A-Train. :D

3. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I understand the sarcasm running through this thread, but, I don't think one poster has the right to represent all the other posters on this board to the Chinese people.

This is one poster who likes having Chinese articles posted and then translated by someone.

I don't always have confidence in the accuracy of what is written or even translated, but find it interesting in terms of how Chinese people are perceiving the Rockets, as well as some possible inside information into how Yao thinks.

Any of you who go to the trouble of translating, which seems a thankless job, please, don't be discouraged by a few posters who say they don't like it. There are many others who do, and appreciate your work and effort. Please keep posting and translating. And, thanks for all of the work those of you have done up to this point.

#43 Sherlock, Jan 15, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2004
  4. Shrimpie

Shrimpie Member

Sam,

You are right. I learned about their friendship from the press, I don't know either of them personally, bu I believe they are buddies.

I believe the "local" reporters also can get such insider information, but choose not to report them as they are not good for team chemistry. (Seriously, how more unlocal can a person be in this Internet age?)

I am not sure if you know this, but SOHU or SINA are just portals. The news they carry are from all kinds of sources, some credible some not.

I am not going to label you anything. I mean we are just basketball fans here. (A smiley is here :) )

Oski, according to the article, JVG was just roaring.

Peace.

Shrimpie

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

No, they are not. They get quotes before the game at shootaround. The locker room prior to games is off limits.

6. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

keep on posting, a lot of this stuff is really funny.... Some is interesting...

I'm not trying to descourage it at all....

Get a thicker skin if you are going to post stuff that is so screwed up.....

7. ckahlich001

ckahlich001 Member

BABELFISH!!!

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

For real. Some of us are just having fun. ;)

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Huh? You really think local reporters sit on "controversial" stories so as not to ruin team chemistry? Come on. If anything, it's the exact opposite.

10. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Gull A Bull..... :rolleyes:

11. lalala902102001

Hey I just discovered the Chinese version of Baghdad Bob -- Yang Yi. :D

12. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Why waist time with self-rightous persons. seriously.

You are right, we are wrong. Stop posting these info, let's move on.

michecon.

13. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

14. lee

lee Member

:D :D :D

15. Panda

Panda Member

We don't see other reporters claim that they are Yao's buddy in China. If Yang spews crap about his friendship with Yao, I'm sure he'd get noticed and Yao would deny it. There is a whole team out there protecting Yao's interest. I don't know how much he says is true, but he is Yao's buddy.

16. RoxBigFan

RoxBigFan Contributing Member

I remember Yao treats the guy as friend, not any reporter. They often get together for dinner with their girlfriends when Yao was back in China. I do not think this guy would be that stupid to make up BS and risk his friendship with Yao.

Good for you as long as you are still taking it with a grain of salt.

These local journalists are not Yao or any player's friend. No players tell them what they really think but nice things they are supposed to say. No F* word, no nothing.

Cool. I am holding it until further evidence.

Think about this the other way: if the team is not playing as they are supposed to, why waste Yao's energy since he is non-factor. Just another perspective.

17. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Of course. But most of us are currently trying to learn how to communicate with our construction workers. Maybe next decade.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

To our Chinese posters, please do not think that all of us Americans are as self righteous and ethno-centric as some of these responses may indicate.

Fortunately for us the Chinese press seems to pay more attention to Yao and our Rockets than the Houston Chronicle.

I would still like to see a non-Babel translation into English for the article.

19. lee

lee Member

no he's not. Yao never said He is Yang's freind. Yang just assume hiself is Yao's freid.:eek: :eek:

20. daniel-bfl

daniel-bfl Contributing Member

I saw on TV once that Yao was with two Chinese female reporters in the locker room before the game. Yao was lying there with the two watching. Kinda funny. It could be the first Yao-Shaq.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.