1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GTA 5 vs Sleeping Dogs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miracles Boys33, Sep 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Miracles Boys33

We all played both games or at least one of them and i was wondering which game had the best story, fighting and missions. Sleeping Dogs is basically like GTA but theres less stuff to do after you beat the game. GTA 5 you can play all kinds of games and other things. The only dislike for Sleeping Dogs is the multiplayer because there is none. Overall which game would you guys go with?

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Have you asked Chico?

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

Sleeping Dogs has the superior story and characters... I can't sympathize with any of the characters in GTA 5... nor do I find any of them or their stories all that engaging or interest...which is critical since I'm suppose to be playing as them with the aim of progressing their "story"...

4. VanityHalfBlack

Are both these games suppose to be remastered on PS4?

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

Neither are that great.

GTA V has alot of cool gimmicks, but don't expect the story to be as engaging as the likes of San Andreas or Vice City.

Sleeping Dog has a fresh and original story (at least for those who are not familiar with the Asian crime family genre). However the gameplay lacks some of the freedoms that more popular sandbox titles have. Overall it is quite an enjoyable, albeit linear, experience.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Watch Dogs comes out on the 10th next month and GTA 5 comes out in November.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

fixed

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I can't even remember the plot of Sleeping Dogs anymore. Undercover cop infiltrating Asian mafia. Past that, nothing.

9. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I loved Sleeping Dogs. The fighting was much better than GTA but it was just different. GTA does have a lot more to do but in Sleeping Dogs I could drag a guy to a furnace and throw him in there to burn to death.

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I really liked GTA 5 . I thought the story mode was the best of all of them and really felt like it flowed sort of like watching a movie . Tried Dogs but never could get into it .

11. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I was playing GTA V yesterday and picked up a live cow with a forklift and saw how far I could drive down the highway without it falling off... you can only do that in GTA. I love that game, there are so many things to do that I don't think I could ever get sick of playing it. That said the story was pretty meh and most of the characters, except Trevor, weren't that great.

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Never played sleeping dogs but GTA V was awesome... For like two weeks, after that it was so repetitive and boring but the story is really strong imo

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ug, let Sleeping Dogs lie... BORING!