1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grizzlies announcers FLAMES KPJ after this play!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 21, 2022.

1. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

You can't no first round draft choice after his first year trade him.. NOT CUT GEEZ

2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Silas is too nice to be a head coach. He's better as assistant.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  3. BonziWellsGOAT

I'm not being a JOF or making this a Green vs KPJ thing. I just think that there is no way you can watch both of those dudes and say KPJ has grown as much as Green. It's a disservice to a young dude who has been busting his ass and doing it the right way and improving in spades. For the record it would be a disservice to any of the young dudes working the right way to say KPJ has shown the same growth. He hasn't. On or off the court.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

You are so lost.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I am not sure this is fair. The way he always keeps the basketball to himself and never passes it to anyone else makes me think he really loves basketballs!!

D-rock, vator, kpdark and 5 others like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Good point!

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Should have been cut right here. It was a bull shiot story he came up with then that made no logical sense, and it sums up his career to this point in one picture.

8. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

KPJ and Silas should both be gone next year

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Wonder if he is on meds he likely needs them.

We benched a $40m former multiple all star so that he can demonstrate his skills and this is what we get.

Cut him.

10. jayfree

jayfree Member

Yup, Detroit

11. i3artow i3aller

#131 i3artow i3aller, Mar 21, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    D-rock likes this.
  12. vator

vator Contributing Member

DD and some others were late to the party on this last night and I had to go to bed so I didn’t feel like getting into the back and forth, but so much of this. I don’t care that Wood can go out and drop 20 and 10 or that KPJ can get 16 and 6. The culture they bring along with those stats and the way they accumulate those stats ARE NOT WORTH IT. They are albatross players. In every way imaginable. They have poor attitudes, poor body language, and play selfishly.

Seems like all the other teams these guys were on, the brain trust figured this out and got rid of them, but we want to be the ones to “fix” then. Until the Rockets organization gets their collective head out of their ass and figures this out too, this team will continue to be horrible.

#132 vator, Mar 21, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    Nook, cheke64, Tmac1Yao11 and 3 others like this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This.

KPJ, Silas and Wood need to go.

14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As I said earlier, a talk behind closed doors is not addressing it. How are you teaching? Without visible consequences, what are you teaching the rest of the team?

The only way this is even remotely justifiable is if they already have plans to move him and they are trying to downplay it so that it flies under other teams' radars. If they are planning on keeping him, or even trying to evaluate whether or not to do so, there should have been a benching, fine, DNP, or something. If KPJ starts tonight, I am going to assume he is getting traded this offseason.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes he has on the court, but not off of it.

DD

16. Xopher

Xopher Member

Maybe I am an outlier here, but I think the entire team is sick of Wood. I'm not saying KPJ is mature, but I think Wood exacerbates it. We have KPJ for another year. We need to ship Wood out this off-season and see if there is a change in KPJ. Maybe he will mature or get some anger management counseling in the off-season. He is extremely talented and I don't want to give up on a 21 year old kid.

17. fattz

fattz Member

Everyone saying cut Porter is doing him a huge favor. His money is guaranteed so he will get paid again and be play-offs. The Rockets get nothing from cutting him but empty pockets. Why not support him with mandatory counseling while suspended indefinitely? Our caring about him looks different because what we are doing now is not working. Don’t let him go make him grow. We are vested. He sticks around till his contract is up because helping other teams without compensation is not good business.

jcmoon likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's not all about Porter. Teams need to build a certain culture and it shows the other guys and future guys what they will be held accountable for. Sometimes one guy serves as a signal. If you want to do counseling and a suspension go ahead. But doing nothing isn't an ideal strategy.

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

"We teach from that":

Silas- Hey Kevin, we really can't be doing that in the middle of games, you need to act like a professional.

Porter- *Barely looks up from phone* Ok coach, my bad. You're right.

*starts next game*

Nook, vator, beardsanity713 and 2 others like this.
  20. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Let me ask you this that boy is not even 21 year old getting paid big money how many mistakes or stupid things did you do at that age and wasn’t even making close to that kind of money. That kind of talent just don’t grow on trees