1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grizzlies announcers FLAMES KPJ after this play!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 21, 2022.

1. PeppermintCandy

Wood did virtually everything wrong during that stretch shown on the video.

An awful screen for Porter.
    A random airball three.
    Half assing it back on defense.
    Almost getting the ball stolen while bringing it up the court.
    A terrible pass to Porter on the perimeter that was easily knocked away.

You name it, he messed it up.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

lelz cf overreacting as usual. give kjp some time to adapt to his role. give him at least 5 more years and a max contract to prove himself.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Too bad the team already exercised the club option for next year .... Not that cap space matters to the Rockets but Porter's guaranteed $3,217,631 as a result, even if he's waived.

Jontro likes this.
  4. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

If I was a betting man which I very much so am… I’m taking JG KPJ and Wood to have one of those post traumatic legendary games today against the Wizards… seems like that’s the pattern after ultra trash performances.

palmsnbananas and Jontro like this.
  5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

what a damn shame. the kid is not a team player. i think he knows that schroeder and nix have eaten into his pg role, even green and he knows that even christopher is going to take minutes from him and he's not content doing the dirty work and just being a role player, bench scorer. he looks at himself as a future all star and his ego can't handle the fact that he's not good enough. i think he's just playing his way to a minimum contract so this can be a good thing or he will be traded. i think more likely he'll be a sweetener this summer to the lakers. oh well. he's helping us tank so its not that big of a deal.

fattz, 34to11, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  6. eman

eman Contributing Member

Don't want him on our team. Way too needy. Everyone matures at their own pace, but he's an extreme laggard. "Childish" was spot-on. We should have cut this problem child when he walked out on the team at half-time.

I am concerned about him as a human being. He obviously needs more help than Lucas can give him. KPJ needs to read The Daily Stoic daily, maybe get away from the game for a couple years of community or military service-- somehow, he needs to learn the joy of caring for others, and not just himself; maybe then he can be a professional part of the ultimate team sport.

markus4040, 34to11 and jacoby like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A no BS coach will not work for Porter. People are being very naive. (see: USC)

If we get a coach that doesn't put up with BS, Porter drives away at half time and he gets cut or suspended indefinitely. End of story.

He is an emotionally maladjusted millionaire. He isn't going to respond to authority. You either cater to him or cut him.

#47 napalm06, Mar 21, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    fattz, 34to11, AroundTheWorld and 7 others like this.
  8. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah you're right. If he shows his ass with milquetoast Silas then imagine the meltdown he would have with JVG or someone like that. Dude isn't worth the hassle. His talent isn't enough to put up with this and I'm quite honestly dubious about all this "talent" he supposedly has

jacoby and Yung-T like this.
  9. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

This is all on Silas. I understand they are trying to tank but I have never seen such unprofessionalism tolerated by a coach. Mental issues or not, KPJ has not proven to be a starting material. Inconsistent and often looks like he is in his own world and cares less about his team with his antics by giving up on plays and the team. And if they are trying to increase his trade value then they are failing there too by playing him as a starter. Give playing time to players that actually want it more which Silas just won't.

HorryForThree and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

but but I thought John Lucas is responsible for kpj. folks want to give him all the credit in the world then when kpj goes back to pouting ways what happens. oh crickets

#50 YOLO, Mar 21, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

His personal belongings got touched and moved to a new locker when he was on the Cavaliers. He responded pretty emotionally because maybe there was personal stuffed he didn't want to have seen nor touched without his discretion. Maybe a sit down and chat? He needs to be talked to.

12. MystikArkitect

He's more talented than Ja Morant after all.

Jontro likes this.
  13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Good for the Grizzlies commentators. It takes listening to the opponents broadcasters to realize just how ridiculous this is. You don't accept a player quitting mid game on you, let alone put him back in the game. Yesterday should result in a suspension in any normal conditions, but we have a petulant player who will act out and quit if we do that (which is what we all know deep down inside) so we talk about how talented he is and how just needs the right guidance and help. Sorry, not buying it.

14. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I love KPJ and his skillset. But dude needs to mature fast, because this is now a revolving issue that teams will stay away from. Look at Al P, Green and Christopher, those young men play unselfish team ball and don't pout and do all this nonsense. Somewhere along, they were well coached and the Rockets are fortunate they were able to draft them.

eman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BTW I don't think he was mad at Silas, I think he was mad that he wasn't getting any calls from the refs.....losing teams don't get calls.

DD

16. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

KPJ and Wood need to find the exit door. Bad examples to have on a team that is just trying to rebuild, after Harden with his selfishness tendency's.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

so what, he's not james harden. harden could get away with not running back on defense in transition, he can't . at least schroeder sprints back on transition defense.

DreamShook likes this.
  18. PWR

PWR Member

KPJ will be starting for the rest of this year and the next year.

You just have to face reality...the "leadership" in this organization is soft as baby sh*t.

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That was one of the ugliest 2 minutes of basketball this 17 win team has had all year. Obviously KP pouting like a toddler but also wood chucking, bringing the ball up and turning it over. Both these guys are just so bad for team morale. I really don’t want to spend another year watching these 2 drag the rest of the team down.

Yung-T, BMoney, TheRealist137 and 3 others like this.
  20. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Even though I don't like Silas, this is not his fault. It's not the head coach job to babysit.

34to11 likes this.