1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GRILLING]What are you grilling for the weekend?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by donkeypunch, Jul 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Asian Sensation

Meant to say Choice not select. Never buy select.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You can take a chuck shoulder cut, cube it and soak it in seasoned milk- garlic salt, pepper, worchestershire, onions and garlic overnight. Take it out, let it dry a little, grill and hit it with that garlic paste Rockets03 was talking about. I usually just take it out, let it dry a little, hit it with some Maggi liquid and little more garlic salt, then grill it.

3. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so you don't put the salmon directly on the grill, you put the fish on the foil then put on the grill? 1 side skin on?

4. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I've cooked pork tenderloin hundreds of times, and if your grill was actually 500 degrees and you cooked it for 20 minutes, it would be pretty well done. Most grill thermometers are pretty inaccurate, at least in comparison to where the meat is sitting on the grill. At 500 degrees, stop at 13-15 minutes next time and report back. Or grill over charcoal at 350-375 for 20 minutes. It should be medium rare to medium in my opinion. Take it off when it gets up to 135-140 degrees.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I used to cook salmon in foil. Since getting my new grill (natural gas Weber E-330) I have been very happy with grill direct on the grates (coated iron). I keep the grates pretty clean, but the real key is placing the salmon down and leaving it until you are able to lift the salmon from the grill without it sticking (which usually happens when the salmon is done on that side and ready to be flipped). I also cook the salmon with the skin on, and when the skin side is done, you simply slip the spatula between the skin and the salmon and it is easy to lift and ready to serve.

Salmon seems to be well-cooked on the outside and very moist on the side... and I usually keep the salmon pretty simple... salt, pepper, a little garlic, dill mix, a little olive oil, and squeeze of lemon before cooking.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I cook both ways (Have a Weber Genesis S-330 with large grates), but if grilling directly on the grill use good amounts of EVO on the grates to help alleviate sticking. Let it sit to cook as well, don't pull it off to check early or it will stick. I heat up the grill very hot and then turn off the one of the burners and cook over indirect heat. I grill A LOT of fish.

Also, if you're cooking in foil, rub mayonnaise on the skin of the fish or on the foil where the skin will be placed on. This will burn in a good way and stick to the foil and the salmon fillets will come right off.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Truth be told, I didnt really have a timer on it. I just kept checking the temp and never had cooked a tenderloin before, I was so surprised at how fast it cooked. I took it out at an internal of 150F and tented it for another 10 mins. It was probably more like 15 mins but it just amazed me that it cooked so quick.