1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

griff's stats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Dec 29, 2001.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

as a starter:
    points rebounds blocks minutes
    8 6 1 30m against blazers
    25 13 4 40m lakers
    24 10 1 43m bucks
    19 13 3 42m suns

starting average:
    19 10.5 2.25 38.75

average of last 5 games: (only games he has seen big minutes)
    15.6 11 2.8 37

compare this too his...

season average:
    6 4.6 1.2 18.7

great #'s for eddie. he deserves 40 minutes a game, but it will be hard to fit him in with KT and mo next year. still, i don't think any of them will be traded.

he (and the rockets) said he is a 3. i believe that the team wants to keep mo and KT at the 4 and move griff to the 3 because they don't see him as a 5 right now.

if EG keeps growing (an inch or two will do) he will be a 7ftr and capable of playing the 5.

2. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

There is no reason to believe that Griffin can't be the center of the future for this team. People get so wrapped up in the Shaq hoopla that they think in order for anyone to compete, they have to have a hulk for a center. I don't think that is the case. Granted he is probably not ready for that task just yet, but the minutes he gets now at whatever position will only help him and the team in the future. And as you pointed out with the stats, he is not exactly hurting the team when he gets significant minutes. The guy is just really impressive for a 19-year-old. I am more excited about him than anyone else on the team. I must admit that I am happy to see Kenny doing well also. He is a god!

3. wgray

wgray Member

from what i see so far i have no fight with you. last night he only had 2 pts but he did have 5 blks,and i don't know how menny more he had that he changed. i truly belive that he saved 12 + pts even thouht he did foul out. i can't wate to see more of him.

4. Dm324

Dm324 Member

I like eddie's game, but he needs to get some post moves, because he is the only big man i can see who has a low low fg%, he needs to move closer to the bucket