1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Griffin's First Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jjc7329, Jul 13, 2001.

1. jjc7329

jjc7329 Contributing Member

Hey guys, just got back from the game. Awesome! Langhi played his damn arss off. Had 23 points, 6 rebounds, and a block shot. But the real supprise of the night was a guard named Sean Colson, he had 22 points on 8/14 shooting, 3 rebounds, and 8 assists. I was sitting next to a Clippers scout and he underlined Colson's name on his state sheet. Must have seen something he liked. T Morris finished with 50% shooting, but it was his outside game that I was impressed with. He consistently hit the outside jumper from just inside the arc. Griffn was a swatting machine but not much offense. I asked Rudy about that and he replied that Eddie has only practiced for a couple of days and that overall he was impressed by his defensive skills and confident that his offense would come together nicely. Also I talked with Rudy T. about Webber. He said that he hadn't heard very much from him but that it looked very unlikely he would be in a Rockets jersey because if leaving the Kings, he was probably going to be moved via sign and trade and the Rockets don't have much to offer in that front.

More info when I get it.

------------------

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Thanks JJC. I'm jealous of all you guys out in cali who get to catch these games. It's real late out here, so i don't know if many will be able to read your post. But it is nice to get more info even during the dead hours of the night.

3. Eddie Griffin

Eddie Griffin Member

Colson isn't unknown for us because he played some games as a rocket last year, is he?