1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gregg Popovich mad at US Election result

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Nov 12, 2016.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Minorities are equally protected under the constitution as long as they are here legally. That's the law of the land, and anything else you say about that is pure propaganda being pushed on you.

slothy420 likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wow, that in itself is a tricky statement. It is possible to be a white male (aka a member of the racial majority) and still be here illegally. There are tons of Canadians who can attest to that. You need to deconvolute race and citizenship.

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Women aren't equally represented in society and how could they be when they have nvr had a women president or had a equal senate. How can you refute that?

4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Where does my post say anything about race?

5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I never said anything about equal in society. I said legally equal. Those things are different.

slothy420 likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pop is the best coach in the NBA, in my opinion, so he can say whatever he wants to say.

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Soaked in what hate? He brought up OP WB, I don't even know why. I asked if that was what he was referring to.

Perhaps you should go back and read the interaction before you start accusing me of hateful comments.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Oh, is it coded for make America white again? Lol

There is a legitimate reason to freeze immigration from nations struggling to put a handle on Islamic terrorism, seeing as we are a major target. Those foreign Muslims do not have a right to be in this country. I gladly accept any of them, once our intelligence agencies are confident we can property vet, which they have testified before congress that they are not.

How very racist of me. And he suggested a temporary Muslim ban until we can be confident that they can be vetted.

Won't defend his comments on terrorists families, but I believe he walked them back. But again, what does that have to do with the rights of American minorities, which is what was suggested would be eroded under a Trump administration?

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

There's never been a Lebanese President before. That's unfair. Why do you hate my people?

Women have every right to run and they have. The country doesn't have to choose someone of a particular race or gender just because they've never had one before. Should we just vote for everything new so we can make it "fair?" We had a choice between two crappy choices. 60 million people voted for that woman, plus however many voted for the other woman Jill Stein.

But we are just a minority/woman hating country in your eyes.

10. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I wish there was a dislike button.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  11. TheRealAllpro

There is a reason to vet ppl leaving a terrorist haven absolutely but to say we can't accept refugees is ridiculous because terrorist will not come as refugees and wait 18 months they will come on a tourist visa and wait 6 weeks. Second to suggest you will ban all Muslims, A religion of 1.5 billion is asinine. A ridiculous small amount of them are terrorist. No you ban all terrorist. In the 70's when the IRA was committing terrorism we didn't ban all Christians. As for minorities in America? He has a track record of assaulting women. How can you fight for women's rights when you don't even respect their body autonomy? Calling some Mexicans rapist is so sloppy.... Some whites are rapist. Once again coded language. it implies a general hostile to those who are different even if they are legal. As for black Americans he never disavowed the kkk or david duke. As for Muslims he suggested that Ms Khan wasn't allowed to speak by her husband. Which if you are informed about Islam you would know that hatred towards women is not a religious issue but a regionally issue affecting Islam AND Christian counties in the Middle East and Africa. I can go for days.

Dopamine likes this.
  12. TheRealAllpro

Come on with that Lebanese line... Lebanese Americans are a very small factor of America and statistically have not been underrepresented in the presidency. Women however are half the country! There should have been 23 of them by now! That was terrible critical thinking.

malakas likes this.
  13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

First, it would be so much easier to converse with you I had a dang computer, so forgive any typos. I'm recovering from surgery and having laptop issues. Also, the oxy lol.

Did the CIA, FBI, and NSA all not confirm they were uncapable of vetting people from Syria? Has ISIS not already successfully hidden terrorists within the refugee community in Europe? Though it is much easier with their open borders.

Even Trump said he wasn't banning all Muslims and it wasn't permanent. We (the world) does not have a handle on this situation and I absolutely put 1 American life over any refugees. I want to help them, but I'm not simply accepting them without reassurance from our government they are safe -- and thus far our intelligence agencies are not confident they can assure that.

I'm glad you bring up Visas, it's an abused system and much of the illegals are here due to overstated visas and not Hispanic. We absolutely need to do something about that as well. That doesn't mean we ignore the refugee issue.

Again, he has walked back the total ban so why are we still acting as if it's the plan? The plan is to ban immigration from certain countries battling terrorism - not all Muslims.
    But I've been arguing for years essentially the same thing. Muslims make up nearly 2 billion people. They're overwhelmingly peaceful, but the fact is there is a real problem with ISLAMIC terrorism RIGHT NOW.

He has been accused of inappropriate contact with women, some of them were disapproved within days and other accusations have disappeared. I hope you felt the same way about Clinton though or his wife who protected him and shamed and attacked the accusers.

It absolutely was sloppy. It's one of the many reasons I didn't vote for him, but he was referring to illegal immigrants and the bad ones who come with the good -- which again, aren't all Hispanic, Asians and other ethnic groups sneak across the border and who do they pay to help them? Drug cartel cayotes. He was not referring to all Mexicans as such. And those comments were in regard to the Mexican border, did you take it as him saying only Mexicans rape and murder?

Zen Tabak likes this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Equal opportunity does not mean equal outcome. Women, have every right to run. And women will win. But you will NEVER have direct equal representation based on numbers, that's just not how it works and it's an incredibly simplistic way of looking at elections. Hillary did not lose because she is a woman. She lost because she ran a bad campaign and was a bad candidate.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

See I told you I would screw up trying to do all that on my crappy phone that it's like 8 words behind when I type...

16. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

the funny thing about this is, trump has not said anything racist about black people this entire election cycle. The fact that lebron and other zionist puppets feel the need to call him a racist makes me know now for certain the black community is in good hands with trump. Trump knows that the gay and illegals have hijacked the civil rights movement that was started by african-americans. We have been pushed to backburner for these groups. LeBron like jayz is that type of brotha who claim to be down with african americans but wouldnt live in a rich neighborhood if their were too many of us living with him

150 billion into the inner cities, we know trump has said he will do that. That is way more than the democrats have done for blacks the past 60 or so years

Im willing to give trump a chance

Zen Tabak likes this.
  17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

https://www.creators.com/read/thomas-sowell/07/16/the-dumbest-idea

18. TheRealAllpro

Ok this is the one I want to address most because we aren't likely to agree. First I'd like to tell you I'm not a flaming liberal and I did not vote for Obama in 2008. Ok you are correct that equal opportunity does not, can not and should not equal the outcome always but it is one way to understand if your system is set up fairly and in a egalitarian way. I know from second hand accounts that Washington is set up for women to fail. My Aunt is part of the Washington establishment. She ran the G7 group, ran a division of the World Food Program, worked as Press Secratary for a congressmen and was once the Washington Times employee of the year. She is also a libertarian and believer in Ayn Rand. She told me the stories about how the power structure is set up repress and underpresent women. Second government is not like business where opportunity and outcomes have no reasonable expectations of correlating. Here they need to represent the ppl. So having numbers as bad as we do fails fundamentally in its mission. You can't understand women's issues unless you are a women.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Replied to the wrong post. Oh well. I hate the term wetback, while not as bad as the n word, it's along those same lines. Carry on.

20. SeabrookMiglla

i think the problem with your logic is that you yourself are characterizing what a legitimate and meaningful protest should and shouldnt be. while there are different forms of protest, some strategies being more effective than others- at the end of the day, these people are utilizing their right to freedom of assembly which is guaranteed to them by the state in our social contract. if they want to protest, that is their right to protest.

protests do at times cause destruction of public or private establishments (which sucks and is not positive) and/or disrupt daily life(the whole point of a protest is to disrupt in order to raise awareness)- but nonetheless, those acts of destruction have been committed by individuals; do not misconstrued the *action* of an individual, with the *message* of a political movement- they're not synonymous in nature.

as far as- have the protests yet caused any meaningful change? i think so, because we're talking about them here right here, right now. i also think this portion of trump's opposition has let their presence be known; and the current national dialogue has shifted post- election that people do not approve of trump's divisive rhetoric used during his campaign.

let's not forget that trump initiated the divisive rhetoric this election season, prior to that- police brutality incited the black lives matter movement. i think it's common for people to point the finger at the protesters while missing the entire point of the protests.

#100 SeabrookMiglla, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016