1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gregg Popovich mad at US Election result

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Nov 12, 2016.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

[​IMG]
    Should of felt the Bern!!!!

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Ppl want us to shut up but seeking justice should ever be quiet. Btw what is basketball compared to minorities and those most vulnerable in society losing rights?

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

What justice are you seeking? Trump won the election by receiving the most electoral votes, per the constitutional requirements.

Which minorities are going to lose their rights because of a Trump admin? Illegal aliens? Foreign Muslims from troubled nations?

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pop's team has slipped in the power rankings since last week. I do NOT blame the election. :p

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If they are blowing off a little steam and not interfering with other peoples daily lives then no problem. But if you are being disruptive or divisive then you are part of the problem not the solution. Further more they are bringing themselves down to the republicans that tried every trick in the book to discredit Barak Obama after he was elected.

At the end of the day please tell me one single productive thing that protesting the results of the election is going to produce? Will the election results change? Will Trump decide not to take the oath on January 20th? No

If you really want to be part of the solution then become part of a watch dog group. Envelop yourselves in facts and not rhetoric. When you find out about a bill being created to infringe on some of our civil liberties then fight it by letting your representative and senator. If you have the energy to organize a protest then you certainly have the energy to organize something that actually has a chance to bring about positive change.

In the mean time, Donal Trump has yet to take the oath of office and hasn't had the opportunity to propose his first bill to congress as president of the United States. Lets pick something very specific and organize against that. And in four years from now maybe the democrats will not be so arrogant as to make someone like Hillary Clinton their parties choice when they actually had a good choice in Bernie Sanders.

slothy420 likes this.
  6. StraightG

StraightG Member

Bro, you know that basketball is more important than the livelihood of minorities for many people here.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Pop has every right to speak his mind(even though I disagree with his remarks), but this is not good for the NBA. Especially since this isn't an isolated incident with Kerr, SVG, and a bunch of players and commentators also chiming in. The NFL is slumping in the ratings thanks at least in part to the whole Colin Kaepernick saga. Now with these public rants following the NBA yanking the All-Star Game from Charlotte, the NBA could suffer a similar fate.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Did Pop use most of that interview to complain about the people who didn't vote?

9. TheRealAllpro

Protection for all under the law. Second bro mass deportations? Look it up bro. It's bad ppl will die. Don't believe me look it up. Operation wetback. 3 Denying refuges. I could go on for days. 4 more importantly he doesn't have to do anything besides doing nothing to be a problem because minorities have already lost their rights at birth. Listen bro I'm a white guy? Why would I fight for them if they didn't need help?

10. hakeemthagreat

Given the state of this country, Pop's comments are justified. Btw Trump just added a KNOWN white supremacist to his staff Steve Bannon

11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The NBA is suffering an echo chamber effect as well. The idea that mellenials believe a singular person could (or would even try to) repeal laws that had bi-partisan support, is simply stupid.

Moderate republicans aren't racists. They were just intelligent enough to realize the president has very little power to actually repeal the marriage amendment, or even create an evironment where illegals are ostracized.

Sadly, when the majority of the internet using world are from the group of people that voted 73% democrat, you get constant negative reinforcement, despite that not being representative of reality. Classic selection bias at work.

slothy420 likes this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

And this is the problem. Bannon might be one mean SOB, but he's not a white supremacist. You're regurgitating BS from the same people who got everything wrong about the election. This alleged anti-Semite worked for months alongside Trump's Jewish daughter and son-in-law and is extremely pro-Israel.

It's the same crap with Pop who rants about Trump being homophobic. This is the most pro-gay Republican ever to seek(and win) the White House. He gave Peter Thiel a prime-time speaking slot at the convention, put him on his transition team, is rumored to be considering the openly gay Richard Grenell as UN Ambassador, once attended a gay wedding, and just affirmed on 60 Minutes that he supports SCOTUS' gay marriage ruling.

If Ted Cruz had won the Presidency, I could understand the concern from the gay community. But to be hyperventilating over Trump's social views seems like a bit of an overreaction to put it mildly.

slothy420 and Kevooooo like this.
  13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Operation wetback as in Eisenhowers mass deportation? I didn't realize illegal immigrants and refugees had a right to be in this country. I don't understand anything else you said, no offense.

14. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

This country still has a constitution that even Trump has to follow.There is also a system a checks and balances in place to prevent a "strong man" from having too much power. Given how politicians from both sides of the aisle don't like him, do you not think that he's going to be on a very, very short leash (as perhaps he should be)?
    How can you seriously talk about nuclear war when Hillary publicly stated she would ramp things up in Syria by implementing a no-fly zone which, in order to enforce, would require the US to shoot down Russian planes, thereby leading to WW3?

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just because you are nice to individual people who might be women, jewish, gay etc. does not mean you don't have contempt for the group of people. This logic that just because you have a gay friend you don't hate gays is completely out of touch. Furthermore I do not believe most liberals even think Trump is homophobic. Most liberals think he does not care, it's Mike Pence (the guy who supports conversion therapy) people are afraid of.

16. hakeemthagreat

Have you seen his website? He's a white supremacist and not shy about his racist views. Stop trying to deflect. Its what it is. Trump has more than enough ties to white supremacist/white nationalist groups. That's why the craziness he says resonates with so many racists. The problem is a VERY large portion of ppl in America agree with that craziness.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  17. TheRealAllpro

My man hate crimes since his election have gone up. This man has suggested a Muslim ban. Suggested killing the families of terrorist. "Make America great again" is coded language.... Imagine if we said all white ppl should be ban from this country until we can check them out?

18. TheRealAllpro

Ok I don't have much Trust in republicans keeping him in check since they supported him as the nominee. If you know their bylaws they didn't have to. Second first test
    your framing is all wrong. Minorities don't need to lose rights because they nvr had them. That is to say they never had equal protection under the law. There has never been a woman president. Do you think that's fair?

19. TheRealAllpro

Congressional Republicans failed in their very first chance to moderate him with Steve Bannon being allowed to be in the cabinet. Second I agree Hilary's no fly policy is not smart and the intelligence suggest that it will cause conflict. The key distinction is I believe Hilary has the judgement to change her mind with new information.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wow, this is soaked in some hate. This is sad.

Also, how can any conservative (not Republican, not the same thing) in good conscience want to support the deportation of 3 million illegal immigrants. Why would we as a nation soak money into that, versus, spending money in other areas that need the support or could create sustainable jobs? The sheer manpower and dollars being sent to a one time investment is insanely stupid, for a problem that really isn't anything other than nationalism and xenophobia falsely framed under the guise of "safety". Conservatives as I understand them want the best ROI, a one time endeavor that has little ROI seems counter to that to me. Also, doesn't that call for more government intrusion and larger central government? Isn't that against what they stand for as well?

Regardless of your viewpoint, the declining middle class is alarming. When Pop compares us to Rome I see that as my biggest fear. The haves and have not's systems rarely work, there needs to be more flux. A booming middle class, fueled by an educated people (I'm not saying necessarily University educated, trade schools are great too) will get this country on the right track to financial prosperity. But whatever.