1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Smith to be released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by srrono, Dec 22, 2011.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

stop using young age got room to improve as excuse
    Greg Smith sucks

2. Htown's2kFinest

but he's got big hands too :eek:

swoly where you at

1 person likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is based on what? If Greg Smith had stayed in college for a couple more years instead of opting out like he did he might have been a first round pick by now.

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

sigh....

SMH

5. AXG

AXG Member

So what? I question if you even watched the games or if you just looked at his profile. The guy was completely clueless out there...

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a victim of the short preseason. But yeah had seen that coming

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

clutchfans was overhyping this guy. i really don't see anything special.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

well his dance moves are not the worst

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wrong. Greg Smith hustled every time he was on the floor. I am hoping no one picks him up right away.

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Byebye playoffs :(

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

How many total minutes did he get the past two games? 15? Basing his potential on just those two is stupid. I already said his age will explain why he looks lost and clueless, obviously if he spends a year or two developing then he won't look so clueless anymore.

I watched enough to know he was hustling and doesn't shy away from contact and physical play. Those are really encouraging signs for someone who has b-ball future ahead of him.

12. fattz

fattz Member

Smith is a kid we should hold on to and use as a peice to the future, IMO. Let the 4th string golden state washed-out point gaurd go. Smith is as soild as one could be at his age and size. As a poster pointed out earlier there must be something we do not know about this kid. If not DM the GM your a not as smart as I know you are. Wow, I don't know what to say, I wish I knew the whole store of why he is being cut from the team.

a thought:
    the same money spent just here in Houston (a year and half) on Thabeet would wrap this kid up for the next five plus years with money to spare. Thabeet will be painting a picture of some random landscape next year (out of league) while this kid is gym getting better and better. saddeness me no pi$$es me off.

13. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

So, at this point, this is still just a rumor.

The Nets got Okur for a second rounder.

14. HPD

HPD Member

Rid of tha beat....... Keep smitty

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't think so. It would only make sense that one of the big men invites had to go and Adrien just signed a contract.

16. giddyup

I haven't seen it on NBA Transactions: http://www.nba.com/news/transactions/2011_12/

17. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember back in the day, when we kept Connor Henry over Craig Ehlo based on Henry hitting a few 3's in preseason. Ehlo was no world beater but he became a good role player on decent Cleveland teams. Henry was a scrub for the length of his short career.
    Fans get sucked in to believing in Fools Gold.

18. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

That sucks because that means they plan on keeping Hill and Thabeet.

Lowry/Dragic/Flynn/Lin
    Martin/Lee
    Bud/T-Will/Morris/Parsons
    Scola/Patterson/Adrien
    Dalebmert/Hill/Thabeet

Who next? Its gotta be Lin.

19. giddyup

And before that they kept Johnny Egan and cut James Silas who went on to a great career in San Antonio. Ouch! Egan played a couple of years and eventually became Head Coach, fwiw.

20. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I have watched a lot of tape on this guy, and I think he has incredible potential. I am not sold on Thabeets potential, and the only reason he is still here and Smith isn't , is of course the guaranteed contract. However, I do hope the Rockets are able to retain him at Rio Grande Valley. The kid has an incredible NBA ready body and moves much better than most big men. He looked a little lost out there, but he has had very limited opportunity to practice within the system and he is still very young. Good luck Smith! Hope to see you in Rocket Red very soon!