1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Smith - Broken beyond all repair?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BonziWellsGOAT, Feb 26, 2014.

1. BonziWellsGOAT

He did. That's what prompted me to make this thread. The Rockets were like Hey he's healthy! Psych, we lied.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Oh okay, didn't realize that. Really unfortunate turn of events for him this season. :(

3. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

you only keep smith if asik's gone, but that's a big time downgrade on the backup center spot.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I think he still hasn't recovered from the knee injury when he landed awkwardly on his knee.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

now that his knee is hurt again I think morey will let him go to pick up some up for the playoffs.

I like smith, and this could be a good thing for us to get him back next year, since he’s hurt and hasn’t played much, it should be easy to sign him on a vet min contract with the 2nd yr as a team option this summer. If he was playing this year he would command more from another team this summer.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Don't be shocked if he is back on the team next season. I don't think there is anyway to tell if he has regressed or progressed since he has been injured all season. Last season was his 1st real season in the league. He is still real young so I doubt DM lets him walk especially since he is so cap friendly.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I watched him in summer league. All the games. He didn't improve one bit and I expected great things there. He looked like just another player and Jones made the next step. I didn't need him to go against NBA competition after the egg he laid in 4 straight games.