1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Monroe signs max deal with Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 2, 2015.

1. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Max for this guy?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I thought Monroe may have made a huge mistake turning down 5 yrs, $60 million last summer but 3 yrs, $50 million with a player option blows that away.

Good for him! The fit on the Bucks will be interesting. He had to leave Detroit because playing him with Drummond diminished both guys.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Monroe met with 4 teams: Bucks, Knicks, Lakers, Blazers. All offered the max, I'm told. Chose Bucks because they're the most playoff ready.</p>&mdash; Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) <a href="https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/616631199847555072">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. LivinLikeLarry

Man the Bucks are about to be a FORCE. Is Jabari gonna play the 4 now with Monroe at C though or what?

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

he's just one guy

6. DMO (DJ remix)

Their starting lineup of: MCW, Middleton, Giannis, Parker and Monroe full of good shooter. Except MCW all of them can shot very well its just not everything has to be from 3 point line.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

decent team but Monroe isn't a full time C and definitely not a max player. might be a interesting team to watch though, something that couldn't be said about the bucks for a long time

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If CP25 is a max player, Monroe is definitely a max player with the new cap kicking in next season. His contract will be equivalent to 10 million a year with the current cap.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

get what you're saying but CP25 is not a max player either haha

10. tzou88

tzou88 Member

But players never get paid what they deserve, only what they have the leverage to negotiate.

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I mean if you ask me "Is Monroe a max player" I would say no but I can't help but feel that given where the bucks are with their roster and how the cap is escalating, that they got decent value. Pretty much everyone who got contracts so far this summer got significantly more lucrative ones than they would have got 2 or 3 years ago so clearly we must be operating under the next CBA rules.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Fear the Deer! & the Moose!!!!!

Definitely gonna give them a try on 2K

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i was just saying in general

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Lots of talent. They don't mesh. Hard Ceiling as currently constructed.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Wow didnt think of that slogan :grin: bravo!! Will pass on asap

So happy and surreal we got a fa over the fcking knicks and la. Screw them big markets!!!

Monroe will be full time c and it can work coz pf giannis and henson aflre both shotblockers. But if 2/3 mcw giannis jabari dont improve shooting it will be like giving birth again in offence.

Happy :)

16. xaos

xaos Member

Bucks are long and athletic. They look just as much like the future of the NBA as GSW does.

17. Space City

Space City Member

Projected Lineups?

MCW/Vasquez/Ennis
    Middleton/Mayo
    Antetokounmpo/Vaughn
    Parker/Henson/Plumlee
    Monroe/Pachulia

That's a pretty good team in the East. Obviously, the best aspect is all the young talent, but there are plenty of guys ready to play now. I'm just not convinced Monroe and Parker could fit at the 4/5 spots long term. I believe they might be better off asking one of Middleton/Antetokounmpo to play a 6th man role, but I also don't think either would appreciate that.

18. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

They could win 50 games next year.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Mcw/vazquez/ ennis/bayless
    Midds/mayo/vaughn /bayless
    Parker/middleton/giannis
    Giannis/parker/henson/monroe?
    Monroe/hhenson/zaza

Basically almost everyone can play 2 positions. Bayless and plumpley wont survive the month most likely. Neither will job lol ( the worst player in the nba).
    Need a cheap backup forward ajd set. Hope its kyle o quinn or kpap in case of a trade.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Tell your team to send either Vazquez/Ennis/Bayless to the Rockets immediately to play backup PG.