1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Monroe or John Wall

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Mar 12, 2011.

?

I like:

1. Greg Monroe

21 vote(s)
    22.8%
  2. John Wall

71 vote(s)
    77.2%
  1. what

what Member

Who would you rather have going forward?

While Wall is good, if I'm choosing one, I gotta take Greg Monroe. His rebounding and toughness have been a surprise, nobody is surprise by his skill in passing and low post moves. Bottom Line, Monroe is the closest player to Pau Gasol we've seen in recent years.

2. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

John Wall.

Speed don't lie..

3. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Monroe

He is much more valuable to this league

He has unique combination of skill, basketball IQ, toughness, hustle, maturity and work ethic and he is coachable

He's very very good player

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

John Wall....Greg Monroe isn't even on the Blake Griffin scale

5. The Situation

The Situation Member

How can you not pick John Wall?!?!

[​IMG]

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think its like saying if you'd rather have Derrick Rose or Brook Lopez.

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Greg Monroe isn't a very good athlete. He's not going to finish strong over hardly anybody without a running start.. Big men need athleticism to put them over the top. Even Duncan would dunk on someone every once in a while.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Best post so far.

1 person likes this.
  9. thething

thething Contributing Member

Give Wall some time. He has serious potential.
    (How do you watch him put a triple double on us and not vote Wall?)

10. what

what Member

I might be wrong but I don't see Wall as another dominate player like Derrick Rose. I also don't see Lopez and monroe as similar players.

11. Antec

Antec Member

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

John Wall is a combination of Rose and Rondo.

Speed, size, quickness, athletism and absolutely ridiculous court vision and playmaking ability.

John Wall grabbed a triple double in his rookie season, Derrick Rose just got his this season.

Wall is a better rebounder and passer than Rose, whiles Rose is a more versatile scorer. However, things might look very different in a couple of years when Wall has fully adapted to this league.

Injury is Wall's biggest concern, otherwise he might be one of the most complete point guards in the league (but lacking a 3 point jump shot)

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

John Wall but Monroe is definitely going to be one of those players that produces for a long time.

14. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

i change my answer. Can I have both? that'd be a fun team to watch. P n' R all dayyy.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wall has a chance to be one of the best pgs in the league, he's the one you want matching up with Rose, Westbrook et al.

Monroe is a nice player but he'll always be inferior to Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard and the other premier big men in the league. His skillset is close to Gasol but I don't know if he'll learn to cope with the physicality of the NBA like Gasol has. Unless he learns to toughen up, you'll have the Brook Lopez situation where you have a skilled guy who can't do anything on the court because he's as soft as tissue paper.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's amazing how differently people can view players. Personally, I think Wall will be better than Rose. Their weaknesses coming into the league were the same - shooting. But Rose couldn't dream of seeing the court the way Wall does.

Meanwhile, I don't think Monroe will be as good as Lopez. Go figure.

p.s. I'm really surprised to see people here talk about Monroe's 'toughness'. My boy in Detroit watches every Piston's game and he likes Monroe but complains about how soft he is.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It was just a approximate similarity not an exact one, just to show there's some distance between 2 productive players. Kinda like the Kevin Durant/Greg Oden comparison, some figured Durant had the star power in the making and Greg Oden would be a good big but not better despite Oden's flashes.

Perhaps John Wall might be like Brandon Jennings, no improvement from his rookie year. Monroe could prove me wrong but me I'd go with John Wall's upside. If Wall makes a Kyle Lowry type improvement on this 3 point shooting, watch out.

18. oneleftalive

oneleftalive Member

i like monroe, combo of klow and monroe would be nice...

19. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Member

John wall al the way. Just a more dynamic player. unless Monroe is getting spoon fed by the rim r hustling for rebounds thats about it. he has good hands but nothing special. His athletisicm is probably his biggest downfall. He isnt a good defender by any means and doesnt get tough down low. Im not saying he isnt a good player because he is. If he developed some type of consistent jump shot and range he would become a very god player. but mark my words he will never be a superstar in this league. Thats y i would take john walls potential over monroe's

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Wall is putting up near unprecedented rookie numbers with garbage teammates