1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Abbott drops lawsuit against Trump U. Get's $35K donation from Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Abbott is a stand up guy. He always puts his best foot forward and will be in the race for governor for years to come.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not really ever, no. Not in civil discourse.

Just insult his actions and policies -- there's enough there to work with. Now you've pretty much derailed a thread about a very shady incident involving Abbott and the presumptive individual that the GOP would like to install as POTUS.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Greg Abbott gives enough material without anyone acting like a troll about his disability. I know some of ya'll are just trying to piss off his supporters (and I am definitely not one of them), but some things just aren't done.

For example, go after Abbott for Operation Jade Helm. U.S. military units (in various states, I believe, but certainly in Texas) were conducting training exercises. At around the same time, various Wal-Marts were closed down (I forget the actual reason why, probably because I'm too lazy to open an extra Internet window here on my iPad and check). A large swath of Texans believed (I s*** you not) in part thanks to whack-jobs like Alex Jones that this was some sort of Obama Trojan horse: that Obama was going to invade Texas and use the empty Wal-Marts as FEMA detention centers for the prisoners.

When Greg Abbott addressed this issue with the media, did he say, "Those who believe this.....look, I have my issues with this President, but he is not invading Texas. Come on, ya'll"? Let alone, "Ya'll must be idiots. Well, you DID vote for me, so I guess you are idiots, after all." Nope. He sent the National Guard to monitor the situation and talked about how Texans' rights would not be infringed upon and blah-biddy blah-biddy blah.

Now, if you want to make fun of Greg Abbott, make fun of stuff like that.

1 person likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow, I didn't think liberal SELECTIVE outrage could get any worse but I stand corrected. I should know better as they always find ways to sink even lower to shock me more. Picking on a disabled man should be the lowest it will go but I know they will get worse but it will probably still shock me. All this just proves that almost anything liberals stand for is a means to an end rather than true conviction. The hypocrisy is almost overwhelming.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I share your sense of moral outrage when a person with disabilities is made fun of...

6. Granville

Granville Member

I think Trump's an idiot too. Stuff like this is why I won't vote for him either.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

#47 SamFisher, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

but Trump isn't corrupt he's just taking advantage of the corrupt system because he can. Once he becomes president he will stop all of these things because...he said so?

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You just passed right over several liberals who condemned mocking Abbott's disability. Your outrage about liberal selective outrage also seems to be selective. I agree with you the mocking is out of bounds, but it sounds like you'll walk away from this conversation thinking, "those liberals are all hypocrites," when obviously quite a number of them have been consistent.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think we can all agree that mocking the disabled is never acceptable...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9QUYQUd0Qh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>