1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Green Wave vs. Longhorns

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by nycrocket, Sep 23, 2002.

1. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

Over the last 37 years, my respect for UT has dropped to zero. Although our schools' last meeting was in 1965, the then racially motivated UT coaching staff took an all-white team into the swamps of southeastern Louisiana, and coasted to a 31-0 victory. By losing 31-0, the Green Wave had earned the repect of the Longhorns, but not of their fans. Over the past 37 years thousands of UT fans have continued to flock to New Orleans in the months of February and March flashing their Horns signs, rubbing salt in the wounds of dedicated Green Wave fans. All of this unfettered enthusiam from big ca$h daddy and his hippie hollow bohemian dragworms will come to an end this Saturday when the Mighty Green Wave rolls over Chrissy Simms and Mack "The Recruiter" Brown.

And according to US News and World Reports, Tulane is ranked #43 and UT is ranked #47, therefore UT sucks.

And Tulane has a much tougher strength of schedule. This year we play powerhouses such as Navy and the University of Lousiana at Monroe. We also beat the mighty Cougars in HOUSTON by 3 touchdowns.

This Saturday's game should be close, however the Green Wave will prevail by 10 points, and you UT bastards won't be in a hurry to come back down to New Orleans for another 37 years.

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

3. red

red Contributing Member

rrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttt...

this ill be the second game of the year i will be able to see...thanks to espn gameplan...

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

red, if you had Direct TV you would have seen every game this year. I think satellite is a must for fans outside of Texas. UNT and UH on Fox Sports PPV (not on digital cable outside of Texas) and UNC on Gameplan. Of course the PPV fees are ridiculous but that's another story.

Other notes:

Tulane has had both Mack Brown and Greg Davis as their head coach.

Tulane was a founding member of the SEC but left the conference in the 60's. Tulane fans are pissed at Mack Brown for ending their rivalry with Vanderbilt cause he didn't want to coach against his brother Watson.

Tulane's QB is JP Losman. If you remember, JP Losman was the 3rd ranked QB coming out of high school in '99 behind Simms (1) and Manning (2). Losman transferred out of UCLA during his freshman season to Tulane.

Tulane has a star RB named Mewelde Moore. He's a Doak Walker candidate. Their RB's coach is Greg Davis Jr., son of Greg Davis, UT's pathetic OC.

Their star receiver is Roydell Williams who is out for the season.

Their defense sucks.

I know a lot about Tulane cause I might go to school there.