1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Green Eggs and Ham: VanOn vs. Jesse Jackson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by boomboom, May 18, 2004.

1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

In conjunction with the Jimmy Fallon thread and great SNL skits, I decided to pose the question...which rendition of Green Eggs and Ham is better.....

Jesse Jackson on Saturday Night Live

or

Van Chancellor on Sports Radio 610's VanOn segment

It's a tough call, the "doctor who?" shot by Van almost hoists him to the top, but Jesse's sermon style in the middle of his run for the White House has got to be one of the most unexpected things I've ever seen on SNL. Match: Jesse.

"This is not singing, this is just talkin."

2. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Way to sneak the Braveheart stuff in there! Pretty funny

4. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

ROFLMAO! That's freakin hillarious! Now I'm gonna "talk" green eggs and ham at work all afternoon long!

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I know Chance will kill me but I think Van On has played out. Last week he read something from Monty Python which might have been funny had it been something familiar. It went straight over my head.

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I'm a big Chance supporter as well, and I don't like Van On. To me it just sounds like they are trying to hard too be funny. It's like the hosts are laughing excessively hard at only moderately amusing material. It's forced.

Just to consolidate my criticisms into one post, I also think John and Lance kiss Steve McKinney's butt too much. That guy is not funny at all, and they laugh at his stuff like he's Bernie Mac or something. That's called the "let's keep the big dumb jock happy so that he will give us interviews during the season" laugh.

7. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

That Monty Python bit did suck. My bad.

McKinney's cool by me though...

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Maybe letting Van see or hear something first and then try to get him to imitate it...i.e. rap lyrics. That might be a cool new twist on Van On. At least he's been a good sport about the reads!:D

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I don't know what is worse...the fact that you don't like McKinney, or the fact that you think Bernie Mac is funny. :p