1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Green and Whitmore off the ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yes this is the issue among several more. The lane is clogged when Sengun is in the paint for a low post, high screen roll, or when he gets his one on one dribble drive from the perimeter. Since Sengun and FVV dominate touches Green is the odd man out. I think one way to fix the offense is allow Green to play off Sengun more in tight Elbow dribble handoffs and also high screens. This means less touches for Fred. Green is capable of shooting 15 ft elbow jumpers and he is better in the paint than Fred who has never been a good paint scorer. Also play some pick and pop with Green Sengun. I think this will open up the offense quite a bit instead of relying on Fred too much for paint scoring and we saw what he did in that knicks game blowing several wide open layups. Fred can still drive just less and will be used primarily for 3 pt shooting and occasional high screens to make a play.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Brogdon at sg and move Jalen to the bench. Good defense, good 3 pt shooting and fits with FVV. Cut FVV’s minutes to 30 up Amen and cams minutes to twenty and cut jalen’s to twenty. Same slow half court offense with the starters and crazy fast transition offense with the second unit.

AlperenSengun, Moe and napalm06 like this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Do you even know what I mean when I talk about system change? Have you discussed specifics with me about this? If not then you are only assuming. What efficiency are you exactly referring to?

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Not a great defender, but 41% 3 point shooting would be a Godsend. He seems like an Udoka guy. Yeah maybe I can see it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Oh ok so you don’t have a logical answer to my questions or a rational explanation but instead your response was a childish insult. Well that’s stupid of you. I simply responded to your comments. You made a statement that is merely conjecture and presumption. If you can’t defend them or explain them then no need to be accusatory and get in your emotions.

#85 Stephen_A, Jan 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
  6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Also before you use terms like gaslighting maybe you should look up what that word means. By calling others “delusional” you are saying their reality isn’t real. This is gaslighting. And by your constant criticism and blaming Jalen saying his usefulness or talent or why he starts isn’t real you are gaslighting him. Someone forcing you to think for once isn’t lol. Again know what the fuc% you are speaking about when you deal with me.

7. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Effort/passion/interest is a real skill. OP said it but the word inattentive is a great word to describe him. Just a low IQ, low effort player who really can't afford to be. He's not a bad guy, I'm not attacking his character but if the saying is 'I ran out talent', he just runs out of effort/IQ every time. Ton of potential, no payoff, wasted #2 pick unfortunately. These things happen, just gotta move on and focus on real assets. I'd much rather have these fails and get one real star - and we did in Sengun

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

What’s the point? I don’t get it. He’s 31 making 22 mil a year and UFA 2025. There’s no point since Rockets aren’t winning a title anytime soon. It’s not like we are built to win now considering we are still developing multiple players. Better suited for contenders looking for a boost like Knicks, Bucks, Heat.

9. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Brogdon would be a nice add. It honestly depends on the cost. Not sure what his market is though

Joe Rocket likes this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

How do you know he isn’t interested in playing Basketball? Real question. How? Have you read any reports saying this? Scouting reports? Media revelation? Your cousin knows him? You’re in his entourage? Really how do you know? Did FVV or Uncle Jeff reveal this? Everything revealed in the media including quotes from him is about him getting better, improving, growing. Even Team USA coaches were praising him last summer. So where is this all coming from?

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

His market is what I just listed. Playoff teams. Contenders. Knicks are one of the main suitors. Doesn’t make sense financially or personnel wise for the Rockets since it would be a 1.5 year rental at 22.5 mil a year.

Joe Rocket and GOATuve like this.
  12. NewAge

NewAge Member

It’s coming from watching, man. Some of us watch with their eyes, other like you read the PR puff and think it’s real life…

ThrillaNManilla likes this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Another assumption. You really have a problem with this. When it’s just empty statements with no backing it’s simply judgement. And if there’s no knowledge or evidence behind those judgements then these judgements can’t be trusted. A lot of comments you and many have said on this site have nothing to support them. Really simple.

14. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Gotcha. There's honestly not much out there at the moment. I'd certainly prefer him to someone like Levine. I'd like to make the Playoffs though. That's at least a step in the right direction

Stephen_A likes this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yeah if the goal is to make the playoffs having a guy who can play several positions and shoot would be helpful. This is a move you make if youre all in on Sengun being a future star.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Are Philly and Denver running a 1995 offense too? lol

17. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Truth hurts I guess lol.

18. NewAge

NewAge Member

My sympathy to you for being visually impaired.
    However, just because you're blind, doesnt mean we have to disown what we plainly see. That's not how it works

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I like the idea if adding brogdon but i think id make that move before the trade deadline and get into a bidding war.

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Because both Embiid and Jokic can shoot from the 3pt line it opens their offense. They don't have to post up to score, Sengun does.

Sengun has to have the ball in the post to be effective, thus it slows down the offense.

I don't know how old you are but it reminds me of the Rocket's offense when they had Charles Barkley and all I can hear is Gene Peterson saying, BACKING IT IN, BACK IT IN, BACKING IT IN

#100 hlmbasketball, Jan 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    Verbal Christ likes this.