1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greatest Sports Moment You Were at

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketMania1991, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

1. 18 innings.
    2. ricky breaking the record on the long td run.
    3. 13 in 33.

2. Steve_Francis_rules

I was there for Game 7 against Phoenix in 1995. That was a great experience.

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

game 2 vs the jazz when chuck took that charge from fisher to ice it. That game was nuts. The officiating was so horrible that I was damn near despondent in the 2nd quarter. But they fought back. Crazy.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Don't recall seeing any really great moments in person. I was there when Kevin Millwood tossed a 1-hitter against the Astros in the 1999 NLDS. Certainly not a great moment for me personally. My personal best would have been game 1 of the 2004 NLDS against the Braves. It was the first time I ever watched the Astros win in person, and it ended up as the first series victory in team history.

5. FROSTEEiCE

FROSTEEiCE Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eUDt0lFPDtY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eUDt0lFPDtY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

let me add a last-second shot by Yao to beat the Wiz in Washington. sweet baseline turnaround

7. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Rose Bowl 06 - Texas vs. USC
    Rose Bowl 10 - Texas vs. Bama (lost, but proud of the team)
    Big 12 Championship 09 - Texas vs. Nebraska
    RRS 08 - Texas vs Oklahoma

World Series 05 - Astros-White Sox (game 4, swept, but happy to be at a WS Game)

Raiders vs. Green Bay 07 (@ Lambeau, Favre's last season in Packers gear)

Rockets - Game 22, Game 6 vs. Blazers 09, Games 4 (Mother's Day Massacre) and 6 vs. Lakers 09

My brother was at the 18 inning game and McGrady's 13 points in 35 sec.

Been to a lot of games, but those were memorable for one thing or another.

8. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

And Yao's First NBA game. Pre-season at San Antonio, drove down from Austin to catch that.

9. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

"2005 NLCS: Astros take 3-1 lead over Cards on Everett-Bruntlett double play"

Damn, forgot about that one, after that game someone from the Chronicle was interviewing fans and I got on the site for that night, that was an awesome end to the game.

Also I was at the 2004 Final Four in San Antonio on the floor. UConn, Duke, Ok St, Georgia Tech.

10. M.ANGEL4

M.ANGEL4 Member

13pts in 35 secs. I was one of the fans that stuck around

11. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

bonds hit number 70
    Game 3 rockets beat lakers during Francis era
    Yates and Willaridge at Rice stadium :grin:

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Haven't seen any truly great sports moments in person, but I was at an Astros game where Darin Erstad hit a walkoff homer in the bottom of the 9th to seal a win against the Atlanta Braves. That was pretty exhilarating.

13. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

How about anti-great moments: Like game 7 versus the Mavs. I stayed the entire game. The verbal beating I got from other fans was ridiculous!

Or game three versus the Lakers? Kobe asked the entire city of Houston how his ass tasted.

The best single game performance I've seen was Arkansas vs. South Carolina, in which Darren McFadden broke/tied the single game SEC rushing record.

I haven't seen many big wins in person. Really, the two biggest for me would be Arkansas' victory over Tennessee when they won the SEC West a few years ago and last year when the hoops team beat Texas.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ljv8QdtAfwk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ljv8QdtAfwk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

2004 Game 3 NLDS- Backe handles Braves and Beltran hits homer to put the game on ice while they play loud "buzzzzzzzzzing" sound on the loud speaker

1998- McGwire hits number 35 off Lima in the Dome. I know its fake but still awesome to see

2008- Win #22 for Rockets vs the Fakers

2008- Coogs Put 70 on 25th ranked Tulsa

2000- Francis sits on Sabonis' neck after he dunks on him

2007- Texans come home 2-0 and play the Colts then Jerome Mathis returns opening kickoff 95yds for the TD. White towels were waving and it was the loudest i've ever heard Reliant Stadium. Oh and of course they lost the game.

1998- Randy Johnson first game with Astros. Complete game shutout vs Phillies and strikes out 8. Score was 9-0 and only seats they had were the rainbow seats.

16. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Astros

Best 2004 Kent walk off
    Worst 2005 Pujols off Lidge

Oilers/Texans

Best 2002 First game win over Cowboys (that place was crazy)
    Worst 1993 Oilers (best team in football) blow 10-0 lead to Joe Montana and Chiefs and the beginning of the end of the Oilers starts

Rockets

Best I think it has to be the Eddie Johnson shot we were so pumped up
    Worst Game 6 vs Utah in 1997

17. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

I've been to so many great Rockets games over the years. Unfortunatly, I was not in Texas for most of the Championship years, so I don't think I made it to more than a couple of those playoff games.

Over the last 5 years though, I've been had season tickets and I haven't missed any of the home playoff games.

I was there for 13 in 33, the 22-game streak, etc.

One non-Rockets event that was pretty special looking back now was the '83 NCAA Semifinal game with UH (Phi Slama Jama) & Louisville (Doctors of Dunk). I was just a kid, and my dad and I were in New Mexico for some trip and he'd managed to get a couple of tickets. I don't think he sat down for the entire game. Clyde... Akeem... Rodney McCray... even Charles Jones! :cool:

I'd be lying if I say I remember much of it... but it's fun to read back on that game: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=jamfest83

18. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

The 18 inning game.

When Ausmus hit his HR, we first thought it was a double, so we were still cheering and going crazy because Ausmus hit a freaking double, but then we saw him jogging around 2b and the umpire waving his hand, and then we REALLY started going crazy...high fives everywhere, beer being spilt, everyone jumping up and down, rafters moving...The greatest living pitcher throwing 3 innings of relief (first time as a RP in 20 years or something) and the crowd was buzzing when Clemens was warming up in the tunnel.

There were so many risp that we were always on edge. Finally, with the sun setting on the Crawford Boxes, Burke hits one out and MMP erupts again.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I was in the floor sections behind the goal watching this play live:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDpaxBhprYQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDpaxBhprYQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>