1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greatest Leader: Hakeem Olajuwon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 3, 2016.

?

Hakeem's leadership

1. Hakeem's one year 1994 is better than McGrady's entire career

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Harden thinks he's the MVP, Hakeem was the MVP, regular season and finals

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  3. McGrady played 20 playoff games with the Rockets, Hakeem, 140 playoff games

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. the controversy was Rockets vs Bulls, it's now Lamar or James

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm tired of the low standard fans here.
    This is the standard of leadership:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/luF-e5oPi5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Ns575

Ns575 Member

cool story bruh

[​IMG]

3. tinman

Supporting Member

In the Harden Era,

Back to Back is a Drake Song,

In the Hakeem Era,

it was reality

[​IMG]

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Can you make a new thread:

Worst Poster:
    A) Tinman
    B) Scorn Lin fans

Or won't you make that poll because the results will be a little too close for comfort?

1 person likes this.
  6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The truth is that most modern athletes in general are not "leaders" in any noteworthy capacity. Most of them have fragile egos and have been babied since a young age.

A lot of it is just narrative that benefits guys who won. Hakeem quit on the team as well. That didn't matter though. He was a top player in NBA history and brought us two championships, so he's considered a great leader. I miss watching Hakeem play a lot, but lets keep the nostalgia in check and not use it to push lame points.

Being a leader is overstated.

Guys need to just do their job, respect their profession and leave it all out on the court. That's all there really is to it.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Hakeem didn't quit on the Rockets.

It's a tactic used by McGrady fans to make themselves feel better because McGrady was cold and calculated in his quit. He held the organization hostage with his health 'status' every game and told select media members of his moves, not the Rockets.

Hakeem was accused of faking an injury in the early 90s by his GM. Feeling insulted he demanded a trade. However, when all parties talked, Hakeem decided to resign with the Rockets.

The other instance was Hakeem demanding a high salary even though he was past him prime. The organization traded him to Toronto. He could had his last year like Kobe receiving high praise from each arena for his accomplishments from the nba.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Tell me as a McGrady fan, how far do you think 140 games is from 20 games?
    That's the difference in playoff games Hakeem from Tmac.

a. 120 games more
    b. McGrady would have could have should have more

Thank you.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wow, this post is overflowing with so many inaccuracies there must be an agenda behind it.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't think McGrady fans to be truthful either.

I suggest Rockets fans to be on the caution when reading any of their threads or post.

Hakeem was a leader, the best people to know are his teammates:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/5321/mario-elie-on-hakeem-olajuwon

Mario Elie on Hakeem Olajuwon

[​IMG]

#10 tinman, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tinman polls are the best.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

The standard for leadership for the Houston Rockets is not James Harden or Tracy McGrady.

The standard should always be Hakeem Olajuwon.

This site was named after the eternal city of champions, Clutch City.

Hakeem was the leader of Clutch City and therefore all fans must accept him as the standard.

13. Downtown Sniper

As a self proclaimed prophet, knower of all, and basically all around smartest person in the universe - what does this question have to do with me pointing out you're an idiot?

Oh. Tactic 1a) through to 1840z) in the tinman book of comebacks - don't reply at all to the question directed your way - instead claim someone is a player only fan/on this site only because of a specific player/claim they know nothing because they're not a 99er

Classic Tinman.

You never cease to amaze.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

why are you on this thread?

1. you agree that hakeem is the greatest leader and should be the standard
    2. you don't like it when I talk mcgrady aka the truth

I don't need to be the smartest person in the world to know that Hakeem Olajuwon is the standard of leadership for the Rockets.

I just need to be a Rockets fan.

If McGrady or Harden is the standard of leadership, then the standard is incorrect.

#14 tinman, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  15. Downtown Sniper

You see Tinmac, in the real world (aka the BBS) no one is actually debating Harden or McGrady to be the standard of leadership for the Rockets.

In your little delusional world you take everything as a slight to the Rockets of the 90s.

You see, James Harden and Tracy McGrady have been the past two superstars the Rockets have had at the SHOOTING GUARD position.

So naturally, people are going to compare the two of those.

That's why, in another thread created earlier on the BBS it was debated as to who is the better leader between those two players. You see Tinman, this thread was created because as you well know Tracy McGrady quit on the Houston Rockets back in the day. Something James Harden is currently doing a lot more of.

I don't know how I can break it down for you any more than that. There is a comparison between those two players. It is perfectly normal for Hakeem Olajuwon not to be brought up in every single conversation that ever occurs about the Houston Rockets.

You know why? Because not every single conversation about the Houston Rockets involves the question "who is the greatest Rocket of all time"

Does that make sense? I hope it does.

Let me repeat.

I am not knocking Mario Ellie, Otis Thorpe, Matt Bullard, Vernon Maxwell, heck even Scott Brooks because their names have no already been mentioned. No I am not claiming any of said players are terrible leaders because I did not mention their names in a thread about leadership.

No I am not discrediting Hakeem Olajuwon because I don't bow down to you and spam his name wherever I can in irrelevant situations.

Can you please, PLEASE TINMAN stop having these arguments within your own head about topics that aren't even being discussed on the BBS, and then imparting on us your own delusion.

16. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Why does this idiot get to start threads?

Every thread he starts has the intentions of pushing his own agenda.

17. omgTHEpotential

Hakeem the legend. A Toronto Raptor great.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

These are the two sole leaders

One was great and the other had great potential

[​IMG]

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

this is a fantastic post. this dude just called out tinmac and his irrelevant, made up arguments with imaginary people.

lolol