1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greatest HR in Astros History

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by juicystream, Aug 14, 2007.

1. MadMax

MadMax Member

yep! against the cubs!! i was there with my father.

remember that was the night that ER was live. they were in a room with a TV on showing the live Cubs/Astros game at the same time.

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

On the contrary.....Did you forget who got the win that day?

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

Burke's was off Farnsworth.

4. msn

msn Member

Forgot all about that.

5. Little_Scott

Little_Scott Member

It was off Joey Devine.

6. The Cat

The Cat Member

You're thinking of Berkman and Ausmus.

7. Little_Scott

Little_Scott Member

I was there too! I believe that was when everyone stormed the field following the game. I grabbed some of those old fake flowers from the outfield.

8. MadMax

MadMax Member

my bad...you're right.

9. msn

msn Member

Frikkin' thief!!!! You're why tickets went up in '98; they had to cover your vandalism!!

So, how much did those flowers sell for on eBay? :D

I'm jealous of you guys who can remember seeing that game--like most Astros games, my only memory of it is Milo's voice (or the great Gene Elston) and the crowd in the background.

10. MadMax

MadMax Member

i don't remember anyone storming the field, other than the players. there was security at the Astrodome like crazy on the aisles...not to mention, the Red Coats! :)

11. msn

msn Member

The little sucker's got some plastic flowers to prove it. Unless he sold them on eBay. :p

12. Little_Scott

Little_Scott Member

You know, it may have been '98, but I could swear it was '97 because it was the first time I had seen us in the playoffs and could remember it. I vividly remember that Ausmus homer. It was just as stunning then as it would be now. :D

I do know I was on the field one of those years and grabbed those flowers along with an Auto Zone revolving ad that they used to run behind home plate at the Dome.

No way I was ever selling those. Drayton made sure no one else could do any of that the next year.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

I was just about to post something similar.

Glenn Davis solo shot Game 1 vs. the Mets. That's the one I remember over all others for some reason. Over the freakin center field wall.

14. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

What order did Baseball Tonight have them?

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

My vote goes to Hatcher. And I'm sure his votes would be higher if more of you guys had been BORN before 1986. :D

That '86 series was one of the most exciting in major league history, and Hatcher's homer made it even more so. And if I recall, the pitch before the homer, he nailed one that was far enough, but went just foul.

As for Jimmy Wynn's upper-deck homer, Doug Rader also had one in the same section, just a couple of rows away from Wynn's. They painted a red rooster on that seat.

16. msn

msn Member

Saw that home run, I believe, in the cafeteria of a small town high school. They actually dismissed classes for the games in that series and we all went to the cafeteria to watch baseball.

17. JPM0016

JPM0016 Member

I was there also. The best game i've seen live in my life. Ausmus actually hit a 3 run shot that game. As others did, i stormed the field and ran around like a crazy person. We sat in the parking lot traffic for an hour.

A short time later a local radio show was giving away tickets to Game 4 against the Braves in the dome. I called in and answered all 3 questions correctly beating the other contestant. Too bad it never made it to Game 4. :mad:

18. msn

msn Member

I think you're right. Sorry about the Game 4 tix!

19. leroy

leroy Member

Hatcher's shot was huge...but they still lost the game. If they could have pulled it out, game 7 with Mike Scott on the mound. I still have the image the Bass strikeout and of Jose Cruz sitting in the dugout with tears knowing what could have been if they could have gotten to game 7.

20. Poloshirtbandit

lol I remember Tim Melton doing a report after the game and he was in the middle of a mob of fans trying to do a live report. He looked really annoyed. I don't think they were actually on the field, but they were in the area behind home plate.