1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greatest Clutchfans articles of All Time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 26, 2013.

?

Best Article

1. Clutch Notes: "Thanks for nothing, Scottie"

13 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. Clutch Notes: Austin Training Camp Series II

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. The Truth: It's Time to Save Our Rockets

12 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. A Tribute to Sir Charles

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Saying Goodbye to a Houston Legend

16 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Yao Ming Photos at Houston Airport

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
  7. Adelman: I had no idea T-Mac was done

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  8. Rudy T Reflects on Rockets

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. The Day T-Mac Lost The City of Houston

11 vote(s)
    13.4%
  10. Harden’s Debut Means Party Just Getting Started in Houston

12 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

http://clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=26
    October 1, 1999 12:00 AM
    Clutch Notes: "Thanks for nothing, Scottie"

Clutch lets Scottie Pippen make himself look bad by pulling out the past.

http://clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=30
    October 7, 1999 12:00 AM
    Clutch Notes: Austin Training Camp Series II

Back for more as Clutch gets to interview Steve Francis, Charles Barkley and others at Thursday's practice session.

http://clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=49
    February 7, 2000 12:00 AM
    The Truth: It's Time to Save Our Rockets

Jeff Balke heeds his own advice and starts the movement to keep the Rockets in Houston: saveourrockets.com

http://clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=55
    April 20, 2000 6:36 AM
    A Tribute to Sir Charles

Michael Fulton, BBS user BuckeyeRocketFan, writes that Charles Barkley will be sorely missed

http://clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=135
    August 2, 2001 11:59 PM
    Saying Goodbye to a Houston Legend

Clutch bids farewell to the greatest Rocket of All-Time: Hakeem Olajuwon

http://clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=161
    October 20, 2002 8:08 PM
    Yao Ming Photos at Houston Airport

Yao Ming arrived in Houston Sunday, and Jeff Balke went to Houston Intercontinental to snap some photos

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2009 2:57 PM CST
    http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1515/adelman_i_had_no_idea_t-mac_was_out/
    Adelman: I had no idea T-Mac was done

Rockets coach not happy, says first he heard McGrady news was through press

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1549/rudy_t_reflects_on_rockets/
    THURSDAY, JANUARY 7, 2010 6:34 PM CST
    Rudy T Reflects on Rockets

1560 talks to Houston legend Rudy Tomjanovich about past, present Rockets

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1545/the_day_t-mac_lost_houston/
    MONDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2009 12:34 PM CST
    The Day T-Mac Lost The City of Houston

After debacle in Toronto, Rockets star is going to have to win back Houston fans

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/3308/james-harden-houston-rockets-debut-party-getting-started/
    NOVEMBER 1, 2012 2:13 PM
    Harden’s Debut Means Party Just Getting Started in Houston

2 people like this.
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

http://clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=135

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I hate Scottie Pippen.

4. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Wow some of those threads bring back a lot of memories...makes me remember the posts like "who's better Maloney or Brent Price?" Those were the days!

5. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Neither could hold a candle to Bryce Drew!!

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The one where tmac gets traded to Houston.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Save our Rockets.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Day T-Mac lost Houston was the first one I shared with many of my friends. That was good.

9. AFS

AFS Member

What about the one with Ron Artest talking about getting on Clutchfans? That one was great.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think there's a crew that goes around and gives all Tinman threads 1 star.

I voted for "Save Our Rockets" but these are all momentous occasions in team history.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i like new optimistic articles so I picked the Harden one. The other ones look like old wounds you are prying open Tinman..

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I've only been here since 2009. So some of these articles were before my time.

I have to say I loved the recruitment piece Clutch wrote to Chris Bosh. It wasn't successful but it was creative and funny. Just showed the Rockets spirit.

13. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not articles, but tow of my favorite things ever were

1) a photo shop of Deke playing with a walker - before he asended to 'chuck norris' status.

2) somebody's sig saying cricket players are good trash talkers and the example was some player's rant against another player ending with 'and why are you so fat'. The retort was 'because every time I **** your wife she gives me a biscuit!

14. tinman

Supporting Member

you're right, I should have have added it.
    Ron was real.

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1497/artest_on_clutchfans_let_me_in/

Artest on ClutchFans: Let Me In!

Rockets forward says he's trying to create a ClutchFans account but can't get on

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2008 2:43 AM CST

By Clutch
    Copyright 2008 ClutchFans.net

Houston Rockets forward Ron Artest made an appearance on the Carmichael Dave radio show in Sacramento in the wee hours Friday morning, and a fan called in to ask him a question.
    Does he ever go to ClutchFans?

"Yes, yes. I'm on ClutchFans a lot," said Artest. "Dave got me on ClutchFans. I was trying to get a password and ID, but for some reason I can't get no ID. I can't get on the site. I'm trying to interact but I can't."

The host of the show, Carmichael Dave, proceeded to ask Artest if he did get an account on ClutchFans if he would try to correct Rockets fans who criticize him.

"No, no, no. I'm not going to do that -- oh yeah, I might do that. I want two IDs. I want to be a heckler. I want to be like an internet heckler," said Artest.

The former Sacramento King also tossed in a teaser gem that he might post with his second "anonymous" account.

"Ron deserves a $100 million extension. He really does," deadpanned Artest.

For those asking -- I'm not sure why Artest can't get on. Carmichael Dave does post on the site, but he suffered a 5-day wait from when he registered until I approved his and about 100 other new accounts back in July. That was my fault -- it was pretty hectic when the Artest trade happened, but it still shouldn't have taken that long. So as a result of that wait, Dave assumed that we're not letting Ron's account through, but that's not the case.

So it's hard to say if the 6-foot-7 forward is serious about having attempted to get on, but if he did communicate with Houston fans like that, he'd likely rocket from current fan favorite to legendary status overnight.

Well, for me he already did when he delivered this line.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans," said Artest.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

how about this one?

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1396/t-macs_first_time_for_optimism/

T-Mac's "First Time" for Optimism?

McGrady says this is the first year his team is capable of making noise... again

SUNDAY, APRIL 29, 2007 9:48 PM CST

By Clutch
    Copyright 2007 ClutchFans.net

I've listened to and read quite a bit of commentary from the media lately that has acted like Tracy McGrady has never had talent around him before in Houston, that no McGrady-led Rockets team has ever been near as good as this one.
    Let's not completely forget the 2004-05 Rockets squad.

That team had a gutsy leader in Bobby Sura, outstanding guard play in David Wesley, Jon Barry and Mike James and was forced to run with a power forward combo of Clarence Weatherspoon and Ryan Bowen, yet they won 51 games and closed the season 45-20. Under today's NBA rules, they would have faced (and more than likely beaten) the 51-win Sonics in the first round rather than have to face the 58-win Mavericks, who they fell to in 7 games.

Mind you, this year's team has Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes, Luther Head, Juwan Howard (healthy) and a much stronger Yao Ming, so the case can be made. And it's no massive deal here. Sura got injured. Barry got old. James got traded. The Rockets had to rebuild quickly and did a fine job of it.

But, when McGrady himself disrespected that team, I knew there was some selective amnesia going on. Said McGrady recently about the current Rocket cast:

"This is the first time I have been to the playoffs and have been excited about what the team can do. We can accomplish something. This is the first time I've felt like I had a great supporting cast and I feel we can hopefully advance past the first round. We have a great core of players."

However, keep in mind that this is what T-Mac said before the playoffs in April 2005:
    "I feel that this could be my time. This could be my chance to not only get past the first round, (but) I feel like this team could be a contender.
    I've been in the league eight years. This is the first time in those eight years I have this feeling. I feel like we can do something really special as far as making it to the Finals and being a surprise team. I never had that feeling in the past. I always thought we'd be a first-round team, possibly get out of the first round. Now I honestly feel we have a chance."
    Trivial? Yeah, maybe. I certainly don't blame T-Mac for saying what he did two years ago because that team, while certainly not as strong defensively, was a superior model offensively than this year's squad.
    Translation: If this team gets some potent guards next season, Tracy is going to be really, really excited about how far that team can go.

For the first time.

Again.

#15 tinman, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  16. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Troll :rolleyes:

17. tinman

Supporting Member

This article came in 2007 , you joined in 2008.
    This should be a good read for you. It has facts.

18. CertifiedTroll

Rudy Gay is going to show the world he is on Durrants level

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

(Without looking at results) I go

"Save Our Rockets"
    "Thanks for nothing, Scottie"
    "The Day T-Mac Lost The City of Houston"
    Then the Artest "Let me in" article.

The ones with some op-ed writing, some personal commentary mixed with the actual moment. Actually speaking on behalf for the whole city and worldwide fanbase even. Where most the others are the moments themselves that do it. Or else stuff like "Clubbing baby seals" and "Ray Lewis with a basketball" could be in there.

20. MONON

MONON Member

"Save Our Rockets"! Because of that article, we can still talk about our Houston Rockets, even though most of us can't watch them.:mad: