1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great write up on the Philly-DC charity game.. lots of Kyle Lowry mentions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acshen, Oct 18, 2011.

1. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8oW6cXptpOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2dLFbtVEARo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    http://sheridanhoops.com/2011/10/18/this-e-mailer-should-be-a-reporter/

By the way if you guys haven't been reading Chris Sheridan's blog its awesome. Lots of insider tidbits on NBA happenings.

4 people like this.
  2. HombreDeHierro

He's gonna take the league by storm this year

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kyle Lowry is such a leader, such a true point guard in the Dennis Johnson sense of the word. I think he can really help Jonny Flynn...

4. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

We have big things in store for him.

I know he will be a top 10 PG in the league and become an allstar. Only player on the Rockets who will and can.

I seriously have a man crush on him and Andre Johnson.

Two of my favorite athletes.

5. AFS

AFS Member

awesome post. nice find

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lowry is going to be one of the top PG's this season. Hes a Rocket!:eek::cool:

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Good to hear. Good game. DC had a far superior team, cant believe they lost. Wall, KD, Green, Cousins and Monroe against Flip, Mardy Collins, Warrick and Thompson. Wow.

Lowry, Williams and Warrick must have 50 plus each,

8. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Nice to hear Lowry leading Team Philly for the win over a more talented team... again!

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Haha, Lowry's that guy you hating playing pick-up games with, when everyone else just wants to chill and have fun.

10. AFS

AFS Member

Dawg, no one's gonna come into his house and show his team up.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Kid's got too much pride, competitive fire, and chip on his shoulder to just chill and have fun. Hell, if I was Lowry, I would do anything and everything I can to put down that star studded DC team. :grin:

12. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Last season Lowry became my favorite Rocket. He's kind of like a Chauncey Billups type of PG. And like Chauncey, he's a late bloomer who works at his game and has strong leadership qualities. With the starting PG job totally his from the beginning of the season (whenever that is), he's gonna take command of this team. He's gonna move into the conversation of elite PGs. Not quite at the top, but very good.

If Morris can step up and become a good two-way player at the 3 and Pat can step it up this year at the 4, the only position I have serious issues with is the 5.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Man, Lowry was knockin down threes like it was nothing! Also, that kid Nolan Smith looks like he is going to be a good player in the league.

14. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I think Lou Williams was the leading scorer with 50-something. He ain't bad.
    But still, it's definitely lop-sided talent wise.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lowry looks really great in this kind of setting: where teams lack the defensive intensity and organization of your typical NBA game. Push the ball, then you get a team a layup because no one is getting back on D. Make the extra pass, then you find an open man because no one is particularly worried about defensive rotation.

16. thino

thino Contributing Member

the new captain for the team.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

lol. The most Ironic thing is that DD (sorry I can't help it) would love this guy if he didn't label him as a backup/limited type of player while AB was the starter.

Kyle is THE leader of this team and our Franchise player.

18. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

He's definitely the leader of the team, but it'd be damn shame if he's our franchise player. He's a great value player on the upswing, but he's not the kind of player that shapes the defensive strategies of opposing teams that you want out of a franchise player.

19. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

I see Lowry as Sam Cassell 2.0 with better defense. He'll make more all star games than Cassell though.

20. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Klow7 Kyle Lowry
    Headed up to nova for a late night session!! Basketball is my job gotta be prepared for any and everything

I think I'm in love.

:grin: