1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great to see a real PG out there w/ the Rockets offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 13, 2004.

Tags:
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

Mark my words, when the playoffs come around, you'll be glad we have Francis going one on one. We will need it in the playoffs as we get deeper and deeper.

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Right, as long as he can make those shots and we can win the game.

I expect SF's FG% will improve dramatically from 38% to 50%
    :D :D :D

3. fasthand2000

fasthand2000 Contributing Member

He wasn't that good then. :D

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You couldn't eliminate me pushing for the 'keeping Steve' option from my posts? :)

I'm not in to "dumping" Steve, ala Pippen. I'm very much hoping the Rockets explore all options on moving Steve, and if they get a good offer, I hope they take it. If keeping Steve allows them to add 2-3 legit pieces (such as Rasheed and Brent Barry) to the mix, then I might be open to that. I prefer they move him though.

For years I've felt they had to break up the backcourt, but have ALWAYS wanted to keep Steve and wanted to move Mobley. Maybe move Steve to the two, or get a two who helped cover some of Steve's playmaking weaknesses. But this year, with his shooting way down, I'm focused on him as the target. Mobley has adjusted better, though I don't consider him "out of the woods". Hell, if someone came up with a scenario that was good for the Rockets that moved both guards, I'd be for it.

We made the playoffs this year, and that's awesome. But we're not even close to a shoe-in next season, as-is. We were 21-30 against the West, something like that, and in fact we were just 13-11 against the Western Conference lottery teams. And those teams have a lottery pick - we have <I>nothing</I> in the first round of the draft.

We had better make significant improvements this offseason.

5. aznsowass

aznsowass Member

so who da hell can we get for francis? and be resonable. nostupid trade and yea mj will be good for how many more seasons?

we just need to trade most of the team for garnett.lol never will happen

rockets fan for life!!!!!!!!!!!! rockets make it out of first round

6. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Sorry to repeat my game thread post, but with Speedy, AMiller, Parker, maybe Hinrich in there, I say we win 48 or more. Even Snow, Wesley, etc. brings you almost as many wins. Steve lost the perimeter touch (which is critical in our system), can't distribute without critical turnovers, can't run a break, and needs to massage the ball to be effective (less conducive to ball movement, thus stagnating/freezing out teammates, plus is less exciting to watch). His offense has become so unreliable, I feel like Allen Leavell is out there playing with us again, and his number "0" fell off his jersey...

When you consider what can be had in trade, I hate to say it but we probably would be better off.

7. notafaker

notafaker Member

I guessed yal love that defence huh:confused: