1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great Steve Novak VIDEO MONTAGE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zcity, Jun 29, 2006.

1. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

boki part 2 ;)

3. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I really think this guy is gonna surprise a lot of people...

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Well that certainly makes me feel better about not getting JJ Redick. You know, most teams never get anything out of the second round (last year, only 5 second rounders saw any kind of significant playing time on their teams). So the 2nd round wasn't merely fine -- getting Novak is a nice plus. He could turn out to be one of the steals of this draft.

5. wujunjie

wujunjie New Member

thx....Let me see....

6. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

He certainly cannot create off the dribble, but he can knock down pull up jumpers and is a great camper to have.

7. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

He look prettty good on those high light film. It look like he can shoot off the dribble and from the picks. I know highlight film always make them look good but at this point that's better than nothing. He look much more mobile than Matt Bullard. So hopefully he wil be our 3 point shooters that we are looking for. If V-Span come over and did good then we migth actually have a chance next year to compete.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Seems like he will be better the Bullard. Much better basketball player. Bullard was a complete statue. Novak looks like he moves better.

9. today

today Contributing Member

I've seen this guy compared to Air Bull, and after watching this highlight reel.... Novak is in no way a Matt Bullard.

Both can shoot the lights out, yes... but you can tell that Novak is much quicker and can get his own shot by taking 1 or 2 dribbles to create space. He even showed the ability to shoot while fading away or off-balance. Not to mention that dude shoots 98% from the line.

But the real encouraging thing is that he looks to have enough athletic ability to warrant 10-12 minutes on the court (SF or PF) without being too much of a defensive liability.

I REALLY like this guy...

10. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

Yeah i could see him as a better athletic Matt Bonner

11. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

...good post, I concur. He is much more mobile than Air Bullard and can shoot off the dribble. Bull was strictly a spot up shooter. Novak can back-up the 3 and play spot duty at the 4 depending on matchups. good pick-up for a 2nd rounder. He will get in the rotation at some point his first year. There are never enough pure shooters in the NBA. In this era of 40% shooting guards and small forwards, Novak could carve out a career here playing off Yao and TMAC.

12. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

...and he is a coaches son and admitted gym rat.

13. pli777

pli777 Member

wow, the guy is a pretty good shooter.
    good heights as well. :rolleyes:

14. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

wow. damn he's better than I though. looks like he can create his own shots, he'll be good back for t-mac or good pf. leave some pressure off for yao and tmac. likein this guy.

15. opticon

opticon Member

he has a real nice stroke from that video and he looks pretty moble for a guy his size.

16. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

That was a very impressive video. Most of the shots he took were heavily contested too. Wow. This guy might actually be a difference maker.

17. sidewider26

sidewider26 Member

anyone can look good in a video clip

i still hope he could be a valuable backup for us though

18. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

Many of the shots had a hand in his face. Great shooter.

19. Omer

Omer Member

Impressive, also like how he shot from few feet behind college 3. May be suitable and good at NBA 3's. Seems like a good shooter, hope for the best!

20. today

today Contributing Member

I completely agree. After watching 5+ highlight films of Stromile last summer, I learned that highlight films usually don't mean a darn thing, expecially when the player is just dunking over and over again.

But having said that, you can tell from these clips that Novak is mobile, not just a guy who will camp behind the 3 point arc and be a big defensive liability. Mobility (or lack thereof) is a trait that IMO will show up on almost any highlight reel.