1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Great offseason guys!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Normalus, Jul 29, 2016.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

In a weird way the team construct makes sense. Make Durant and Stephanie work by playing road runner. Then execute the shot. In 7 seconds or less. 8 v 1 first round.

Or as the marketing guy said....."why the hell not ? Throw it out there !"

Go Rockets !

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

stop jinxing JH dudes ! he's as in shape and tough as anyone in the league. he gets the crap beat out of him but NEVER b****es. Some should take a page from his book and thank your lucky stars he believes in H Town more then you do apparently.

Go Rockets!

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Why, why, why, why, why, can't shoot, old and slow! WTH is going on with the front office.?

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Some websites have this team good for 9th in the west. Thats how stronge the west is this year. Every team got better while the rockets got worse? Doesnt this seem like a broken record..

Houston aquired 2 Spot up shooters who are barely on the Lineup card every year. 38-44, is what ive been seeing alot of people pencil this team in. Im not at all impressed with this team nor am i excited by this teams coach. Big F-, for are less owner. :eek:

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't see this team winning that many games

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Well the only thing that really gets me exicted, and thats barely is if Ryan Anderson is finally the player he wants to be for 82 games, and turns into that star people say he could become, which i dont know is possible. Gordon they say is a amazing player when healthy. So its another team required to be healthy to make it.. Who knows what can happen if those 2 are on there game with harden. But i just dont see it. They will see harden as a big ball hog like everyone else does.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://tinyurl.com/HardenRockets

8. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Name some players who have had no injuries and never been in rehab? By your logic we have failed had we got players like Westbrook, Durant, John Wall, Chris Paul and many other all star level talent.

I'm not saying the players we picked up are necessarily right but merely that your logic is flawed.

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Im going on the positive side. I thought we had gotten everything we needed last offseason and were a 55-60 win team.. We failed miserably. Maybe now that everyone sees us as a losing team we will win 55 :grin:

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wow! Harden is a level 9000 on feeding cliche statements to the media. He could teach a seminar to other athletes with this stuff. This is perfect.

• 100% positive
    • Vague, immeasurable goals
    • Several buzzy catch-phrases (work harder, underdog, let the chips fall, do whatever it takes, etc)
    • All about the team but no one in particular
    Really, it's just perfect.

11. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

500 team with scola and Martin was the best they could do. Harden having a 500 team is a huge disappointment. Notice with a top player in the leaugue your teams celling is much higher.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Get on the same page

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

These kinds of comments are always funny to me. What do you expect him to say?

Harden- "Yeah you know I'm kind of disappointed. I was hoping for a coach to help our weaknesses- maybe someone like Thibodeau? I really clicked with him- but instead we hired Antoni. Then I was hoping that I could convince my good friend Durant to come here but he went to the team that eliminated us in the playoffs the last two years instead. I guess at least we got two guys that don't play much defense so at least they will fit in with me.

Why do I care? I don't care about winning. Just about money and strippers."

Obviously that's an exaggeration, but you know how the media is. If players give these bland, cookie-cutter soundbites that are all positive and just talk about how they need to stay focused and work harder, the media will hardly think twice about it. If they say anything that could remotely be seen as negative, the media will label them as a cancer and disinterested and will say that they want to be traded and things like that.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was complimenting Harden. Re-read it and you'll see I described his words as "perfect" twice.

Harden gave the perfect, canned, uninteresting, and uninformative interview. And from the athlete's perspective, that's exactly what they should do, for reasons you stated.

15. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

What a shotty thread, the OP must be great at parties.:rolleyes:;)

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

Gotcha, my bad. I thought you were being sarcastic in order to make fun of Harden. Because, yeah, he said a lot without really saying anything.

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

That's because he says he and Howard are the teams superstars and they have the major responsibilities he gets killed for it.