1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great Chemistry !!! Yeah Right.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by httx713, Nov 8, 2013.

1. httx713

httx713 Member

A team with so called "Great Chemistry" cannot start every game with such poor first quarters and have to play catchup the rest of the game.

James Harden is killing this team with his 1 on 5 approach. He's completely tuning his coaches and teammates out. Watch his mannerism, body language and his eyes; it's all about him scoring and forgetting about any attempt to defend.

Dwight Howard still does not have a go to move and FT shooting simple will never improve. Honestly McHale cannot teach Howard with his own physical limitations; the guy can barely walk and I don't think verbally and with videos from his days with the Celtics can make Dwight into a solid post up player.

Asik is doing what he's told but with limitations of course; he will have to be traded at some point.

Beverly is a backup point guard playing a starting role.

Jeremy Lin is a backup shooting guard playing backup point guard and clearly Harden doesn't like playing with him.

Parson's to me is the biggest disappointment thus far; spending his entire summer in Hollywood and posting a few workout videos and pictures on his social accounts meant nothing judging by his actual production on the court. This Howard recruiting process and ESPN exposure "fame" did no good to his in-evolution game.

The bench is solid when the 3s are falling in; other than that they're just a bunch of small forwards playing center and power forward to makeup for lack of offense from Asik and Howard when they get in foul trouble.

So this incredible chemistry the players, management, the rockets tv announcers and local media have been selling us is simply non existent. It's only 6 games but you can see this team's demeanor and lack cohesiveness.

I hated to have to agree with Shaq and Barkley last night after the game.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

its a work in progress..chill. its only been 6 games

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What I see is a young, new team who is still trying to figure it out.

I see a team with a 4-2 record which is a missed free throw or two away from being 5-1.

I see alot of over reactionary fans who need to calm down and be patient.

4. strifed169

strifed169 Member

Its very obvious Harden always tries to be the hero late in the game if its close, win or lose, he will iso and tune his team mates out completely, tonight is just another prime example.

5. Mprice

Mprice Member

It's been 6 games into the season people please stop with knee/Jerking, I understand it was tough loss for us but come on now.

6. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

We should restrict thread starting privileges after losses.

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

lose 2 games and everyone is going nuts.

wait until they lose 4-5 in a row then panic, jeez

8. Mprice

Mprice Member

^ This !

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If Steve Blake misses that last shot last night, this thread would never exist.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

OP makes some good points, primarily McHale's inability to teach low post due to his physical limitations.

I don't see any PF who has improved since McHale came on board and he was supposed to teach the low post game. Patterson, Morris, DMO, even Howard ahve not improved in their low post games

At this point coach becomes a liability because he clearly is not an X's and O's guy, cannot run plays at all, is ISO heavy, poor rotations.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

it would have because it still would have shown what kind of team we are.

12. theREALDEALkid

Harden needs to learn when to defer to Howard and when to take control, it seems like he has a problem waiting around when Dwight is in the post. People can complain about Dwight Howard not having a post game and what not but he still commands a double team.

If the Rockets would be patient and establish that dominance downlow the rest of the game would be easier for everyone else. There was one time last night where the Lakers doubled Dwight and it got kicked out to Casspi I think for an open three, that's all day. Dwight might not have a go to move but it's a 60% chance he gets fouled or scores down there (it seems like it at least).

Problem is he makes one wrong move in the post and instead of people encouraging him it seems like everyone is making up there face like "You should of just let me shoot it" Harden in particular. Dwight hitting his free throws is the problem, but if we can get the opposing teams centers in foul trouble every night we're better off anyway.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

A team that's 5-1? A team that's 4th in the league in points per game? A team that's still figuring itself out with a big new addition just 6 games in?

14. Play07

Play07 Member

does anyone else notice whenevr bev gives howard the ball in post he runs a few feet right by howard then his man just doubles harden because bev goes to the corner three point line which howard has his back to. How does the staff continue to let this happen ?? when harden and lin give him the ball they step back bringin their man away from howard

15. Play07

Play07 Member

yes a team that has beat 4 lottery teams. Nad was down 20 points to the lakers I think fans would still see we have alot to work on. I say it wouldnt be as many thread probably a good 50% of them though.

16. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

So... Are you saying they should

Play 07?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't matter..any nba team can be beaten on any given night. its a long season..stop panicking

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

This reminds me of an ancient proverb:

Some people see the glass as half full,
    some see it as being half empty,
    some see it as overflowing with watery nasty smelling nuggets of dung

19. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

For those saying chill, we are young and 4-2 and promising or whatever, u need2 shut the fk up.

I'm not pissed because we loss a game, it is not just A loss, it is THE loss we have seen so many times, I m so sick and tired of Harden ISO. I swear to god that is the most disgusting thing in rox franchise history. Even Steve-O dribling thru the last 20sec of a game was 10 times prettier.

20. Apache

Apache Member

chemistry my a**