1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great Butt-hurt article from Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by banzai, Apr 19, 2015.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

How the hell do you grow up in Houston and root for the Mavs? During the writers childhood, the time when t-shirt fans do tend to choose what team to follow if they don't root for the home team, the Mavs were the biggest joke in the NBA.

Also... I'm a Houstonian. Is a houstonite someone that grows up on that street in NY?

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

haha that fool called himself a 'Houstonite' what a clown. "Yea I'm from Houston and im so embarassed" if anything it materializes the stick in the butt reputation that Dallas fan has.

His 'analysis' was cut and paste bullcrap.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Thank you. Agreed, I call bull****. This guy is about as much a Houstonian as Obama is a Kenyan :grin:

4. Bob Barker 007

That's bullsh!t if I have ever heard it. Refusing to even acknowledge Houstonians' opinions just to be whiny and throw a temper tantrum. She deserved to get trolled.

5. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Nobody who grows up in Houston would ever root for a Dallas professional sports team. I say bull**** on this douche being from Houston.

6. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Houstonite is a red metal found in Southeastern Texas. It's a known weakness for narcissistic douchebags. Mark Cuban is especially affected, and has been known to overspend on player contracts, and whine to NBA officials and the press when under its influence.

Everyone knows that.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

Yea that female moderator threatening to ban everyone who didn't agree with the author was going overboard.

But honestly what can Dallas fans expect after over a decade of talking trash and trying to pick fights with Houston? After pretty much being nonexistent as a fanbase until about 2003, and having been spoiled with success ever since they first decided to hop on the bandwagon. Now that they are on the short end of the talent stick, they all of a sudden feel like they have a right to be salty on their own...hell no, We are going to rub it in!

We are Houstonians: we have followed the franchise through thick and thin. We were there for the Steve Francis years, the Moochie Norris years, the Walt Williams/Glen Rice years, and yes even the Kevin Martin years. Most Dallas "fans" were not following basketball, or were rooting for other teams, or were living in other cities, during the Chris Gatling era, and the Jim Jackson era before that, and the Derek Harper era before that.

Dallas is the inferior team this year. Their fanbase needs to understand that what they are going through right now is denial. This isn't even going to be the worst. As Dirk declines and eventually retires, they will continue to sink. The suffering has only just begun. And, only after they have gone through a real period of suffering--not any of this "we dismantled our championship team after 2011!" bullcrap that has resulted in consecutive low seeds in a stacked Western conference--only after real struggle will they finally begin to be a fanbase worth respecting.

Until then, suck it up Dallas. This is what it feels like.

1 person likes this.
  8. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Houstonian

1 person likes this.
  9. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I have to say this article is barely the tip of the ice berg. If Dwight is on the floor for more than 25 mpg, they don't have a prayer. And let's not talk about Harden going off yet. The start of the 1st and 3rd quarters they looked like an Easter Conference team. Like they did not belong.

10. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

And I don't think it was that we were that good. They were just that bad. We hit 3's but they were wide open butt naked 3's. They couldn't take care of the ball. They couldn't keep up in transition.

11. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

[​IMG]

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

I agree that cheering Parsons' injury was incredibly tacky. Incredibly.

He can miss me with the rest of that high-horse drivel, though. Their bloggers have been on one of hell of a self-righteous social media campaign today. "Why can't Rockets fans just enjoy the win without having to put down the other team?" "Why do Rockets fans always have to insult our players instead of keeping it classy?" "I used to respect the Rockets' fanbase, but they are just so AWFUL AND MEAN now!" Like one loss, and suddenly they're above the fray. FOH.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Really? Because 118-108 tells me differently. Yes it's only one game, the Rockets need three more.

The only way Parsons wins is if the Mavs win the series.

No way I boo if he gets hurt or when he was taken back to the locker room. I will never boo an injured player. That is classless. Rockets fans should know better.

But don't tell me I can't boo a jackhole that threw an entire city under the bus.

#53 mikol13, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I like how he said he grew up in Houston and then called himself a Houstonite lol.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

You know what's tacky?

Calling an entire cities fan base out because they said your best player sucks and boo'd a guy who dumped the team without a realistic chance of resigning him.

16. DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior Member

The author has a very soft point of view on the game of basketball.

17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

The **** is a houstonite tho lol

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

A narcissist doesn't care about wins or losses just the attention.

1 person likes this.
  19. roidrage

roidrage Member

I was a couple rows up from this skinny lower who never has went to a gym in his life...His arms look like noodles

20. roidrage

roidrage Member

Loser not lower!! Dumb phone