1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grass is always greener

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMO (DJ remix), Aug 7, 2015.

1. DMO (DJ remix)

I just keep reading endless, needless threads how Rockets should improve PF position or Ariza should be dealt there and there. Are you fo real? Rockets already got 1 of the better teams in nba, yet. People would love to trade or let it walk BOTH Motiejunas and Tjones just because.. reasons. Neither player actually demands ball all that much, i mean did i just read Rockets should trade for M.Morris and let both Motiejunas AND Jones walk because they will demand big bucks ? Team chemistry and etc seems just non factor for some people and they just play fantasy basketball on forum, i'm just glad half of you ain't GM's lol.

It's like reading Raptors forum, they all think Jones is one of the best young PF's in the league and they would die to have him until hi played a season or two under their team.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

This is a fan forum, where people can make threads that other people find useless and needless. For you to make a thread about useless and needless threads is ironic.

Also, I understand your frustration, but come on man, it's all debates and ideas. I don't think people will ever be satisfied with the team, even if we were to get Aldridge somehow and rolled out with Lawson/Harden/Ariza/Aldridge/Howard, people would say Ariza is oddman out, or the bench sucks, etc.

I agree about Jones, as I like the guy. I think if he ever became consistent, he would be dominant. However, everyone needs a scapegoat nowadays. There's your guy.

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Armchair GMs who often times think they are smarter/better than one of the smartest/best GMs in the league.

But really, this is a lull in the yr. No nba or nfl yet, so I mean, people are just trying to find something to do and take up the time haha.

4. DMO (DJ remix)

I agree with everything you said, but the most frustrating part is that people **** on their own players more then there's a need for it, i guess it's a supply and demand.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

There's homerism on any board..and there's also extreme b****ing. You have to deal with both and find the balance.

There's people who think Beverly is a championship caliber point guard..while others thing he is a scrub...so there's that.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I agree - it's frustrating.

Same thing happens in the regular season - Houston loses a tight game and everyone reacts with fire Milkhair threads. Harden has an off night and everyone bags him for partying too hard.

...predictions for this season:
    Any bad game Lawson has will automatically be blamed on him being an alcoholic

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Then/Than remix

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7jMlFXouPk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FHY3A1nbFi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/06/16/sports/nba-finals-maligned-threesome-see-pointing-fingers.html

There was a story on ESPN stating no team with a starting point guard of either Charlie Ward and Avery Johnson would ever win a championship. The 1999 season pitted those two against each other as starters. Don't sleep on bev. We have Ty, but don't sleep on Bev. He deserves a whole lotta love.

10. bigred77

bigred77 Member

I personally think Lawson/Bev and DMO/Jones complement each other extremely well.

We have 2 Superstars at the 2 and 5.

We have a great combo at the 1.

We have a good combo at the 4 with a lot of upside potential.

We have 3 athletic wings that have a lot of versatility. I'm classifying them as 3's but they can play 2-4 (Ariza, Brewer, and McDaniels).

No roster is perfect. We're good, deep, and versatile. Morey is only gonna blow this up for a 3rd superstar.

11. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

I was going to create another post about Grass is greener on the other side so good thing this one has come up.

Everybody says and has fears that Lawson getting the help he needs may affect his game negatively. Even though he has had problems he still is able to perform when asked.

What if, Lawson getting the help he needs and being in the right environment his game improves. Maybe he gets even better? Has anybody played that what if card yet?

If Lawson can focus and do what he needs to do we are a contender, if Lawson reaches another level and plays at that level consistently i would say we are in the lock for a chip.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

T-Jones doesn't have what it takes between the ears to be dominant/consistent. It's just not who he is. We can hope the motivation of getting paid next summer will push him to play above his head this coming season.

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qQbVyWED6Ac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>